Chapter 36

The full moon came upon us and I wasn't really prepared. All I wanted was to be at Nico's side when the time came to give him the bite, Jim and Theresa assured me everything would be fine, and that when it was done willingly the injury was much easier than what I had gone through with Miriam's attack. When the full moon rose sometime after class ended I felt this overwhelming itch fill my soul like my wolf was nibbling at me to let it out; Sebastian called it 'Moon Jitters.'

I got home and I packed my bag, I was officially staying overnight to work on a school project with Thomas, while Nico was attending some official meeting or something with his posse.

Someone was set to pick me up, and Sebastian had come over to spend what time we could and pick up Nico.

"So, do you know who will turn you?" I asked. I would have, I felt like it was my responsibility as my brother but I couldn't, it was against the spirits' laws.

"Yeah, we talked about it and Sebastian's gonna be my wolf daddy."

"Oh, Nico, I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff,"

"What?" Nico blinked before it dawned on him, "That is absolutely not what I meant!"

"Awww, not up for a little daddy dom, little wolf roleplay?" Sebastian said only for Nico to punch his arm, which only made him laugh harder.

"I wonder what you'll look like as a wolf."

"I'm hoping to be big and fluffy," Nico said.

The doorbell rang and we went to get the door. It was Thomas Lindell, he and Sebastian exchanged a hostile glare but didn't speak. "I'm here to pick you up."

"Thanks, mind waiting outside for a minute?"

"I'll be in the car."

He left us and I closed the door three-quarter of the way. I turned to Sebastian and hugged him. "Be gentle with Nico?"

"Always," He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"And you, be safe okay?"

"Yes, mom."

"Oh shuddup."

I hugged them both and we went our separate ways, me in with Thomas, and them on Sebastian's bike. I sat down next to Thomas in his electric car and buckled in. "So, what exactly do we do on a full moon?"

"Well, first we have a pack meeting and ceremonies,"

"Ceremonies?"

"New members, punishments, blessings, that sort of thing. Then comes the ritual hunt, we'll go out and find prey. Now, you need to understand the pack's hierarchy, mom and dad are at the top, then it's by eldership, so me, then Kevin, Lloyd—"

"Let me guess I'm dead last?"

"Miriam is now, she broke the rules so she's the omega in popular thought. You're the second bottom."

"What exactly does the hierarchy mean?"

"First and foremost, feeding order. Then it's about respect and delegation, bowing your tail to your superior, following their lead. Now, because you're forsaken, when Tyler comes of age you will be beneath him."

"Of course." I sighed.

It was only a few minutes to the Lindells' house, when we came out Matilda stepped out to greet us. She gave me a big hug. "I'm glad to see you,"

"Uh, thanks."

"Your first proper full moon, now if Miriam had let us know about what she did we would have done this last month, but better late than never."