Chapter 9

We messed around for a little while until a knock at the door interrupted us.

"Come in!" Sebastian said.

A big burly middle-aged man came in, wearing the club's leathers, sunglasses, and a bandana holding back shoulder-length gray hair. A few scars peeked out of his clothes, he'd clearly been into a lot of fights.

"Hey Pup."

"Pup?" Nico asked.

He looked at us, "Didn't know you had guests," He came up to Sebastian and ruffled his hair, "Found this boy like a stray pup on the street. Do you kids like barbecue? there's plenty for everyone."

"I'm absolutely famished!" Nico said.

I nodded along and Big-Guy ushered us outside and in the parking lot where picnic tables had been set, cloth and all. "Listen up, folks, we have guests, I expect y'all to be on your best behavior."

We sat down and found ourselves surrounded by a little over a dozen bikers, part of me wondered what our parents would think, Bikers didn't exactly have the best of reputation. I decided it was probably best not to be contrarian.

One of the older women came our way, she had a cooler in hand. "Can I get you a beer?" She asked.

"We're underage," I said.

"I'm not telling the cops," She said, "Are you?"

Nico gave me a look. "Sure then."

It was one beer, couldn't hurt.

She opened one for each of us and handed them over, the bottle dripping with condensation under the hot sun. I nursed it gently to be polite.

A few minutes later Jim came up to us, putting down paper plates with ribs, pulled pork and wings, alongside corn, bean salad, and baked potatoes.

"You kids enjoy, Ain't gonna be much good weather left for a good barbecue party soon."

"Thanks."

Jim went back to the grill and serving others, all the while chatting and making lewd jokes. They were definitely a friendly bunch than they looked. A little vulgar maybe, but friendly.

We stuffed our face with barbecue, Jim's had a sweet, hot and smoking taste to it, the ribs practically melted off the bone.

As service was done, Jim came and sat down with us

"So, Pup, which of these two are you trying to lay?" He asked, a big grin on his face.

Beer came running out of Sebastian's nose, and he chocked for a moment "Seriously Jim! You're just gonna—" His eyes went back to us, and his skin had turned red.

Jim, in turn, let out a big hearty belly laugh, messing up Sebastian's hair before getting back up.

"Well, that happened..." I said after an awkward silence.

"He means well... It's his way of being accepting." Sebastian muttered.

"Well, Sebastian," Nico said, "I'm sorry to say, but I'm very much straight."

"So, you'd never even try anything with a guy?" I asked, after dissecting my identity for the past week, I felt like doing Nico's.

"He'd have to be really, really damn cute."

"How do you define cute?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, "Just saying nothing's impossible."

He then wrapped an arm around my shoulder and dragging me closer, "But Sebastian, don't you worry," he said pointing at me "Juno's flexible and painfully single!"