Chapter 4

Louis' POV-

"Cecilia?" I answered my phone after the first ring.

It was nearly midnight that same day. I was stretched out on the couch in my little apartment binging Supernatural when my phone rang once again with Cecilia's number. There were empty beer cans all over my coffee table and the floor, and the half finished one I was working on sat right on the edge. If I wasn't careful, it could easily get knocked off.

"Hey, uhm, Louis" she said on the other end of the line. "I'm sorry about earlier. I'm not sure what you did or didn't hear, but it wasn't what it sounded like"

"What do you think it sounded like to me?" I raised an eyebrow, even though I knew she couldn't see it.

"I don't know, like..." her voice trailed off.

I was waiting for her to finish her sentence, but she didn't.

"Do you want to come over?" I asked her.

She remained quiet. All I could hear were her breathes-going in and out into the mic on her cellphone.

"Cecilia..?"

"I can't" she said quietly. "Jacob has my location on his phone and he'd lose his shit"

"I can come there then?" I suggested. "If you want to talk about what happened...not on the phone, I, mean"

"Uh..." she paused. "Yeah, you can come over, I guess"

"Text me your address" I stood up and walked over by the front door where I'd kicked off my Vans from earlier and slid my feet into them while I waited for her to send it.

Then I reached over and got my keys off the counter.

"OK, I sent it" she said.

"OK, I'm heading out the door" I told her, smiling a little bit to myself.

"How far away are you?" she wondered.

"Let me check"

As I walked out, I copy and pasted her address into Maps and waited for a second while the navigation loaded.

"12 minutes" I opened my car door and slid in my seat, the leather sinking in a little due to the my weight.

"OK" she sounded a little bit nervous.

"I'll see you in a second, ok?" I put my key in the ignition and twisted it to start up the car.

"I'll see you then" quickly, she hung up.

It didn't take me long to get there, and the drive itself was pretty easy. Because I'm a fairly fast driver, I ended up arriving in about 9 minutes instead of twelve.

When I reached the address, I saw that she, too, lived in an apartment. I wasn't sure if she lived with her boyfriend, or not, but I guess I was about to find out. What would happen if Jacob was here. That was certainly a situation I wanted to avoid.

I got out of my car and pressed the button on my keys to lock it behind me. I had to walk up some metal steps since she lived on the second floor, and when I reached the top, I saw her numbers beside the first door. 

Confidentially, I stepped up to it and pressed the little doorbell. Almost immediately, she answered-peeking through the crack before opening it up wider.

"Hey" I smiled, stepping in.

"Hey" she closed the door. "How are you?"

"Good" I chuckled. "Such a cliché question."