Chapter 19

Louis' POV-

Cecilia was asleep so soundly when I got up the next morning, that I didn't want to disturb her. I knew the news I had dropped the previous night had come as quite a shock, and a little more sleep would do her well.

I tiptoed over to my backpack and got out some comfy clothes for the ride back, then went to take a quick shower. I didn't bother to do my hair, but instead raked it back with just my fingers and the dampness of the water that was still on it. 

She was still sleeping when I was done, so I decided to go down to breakfast and grab a quick bite, along with some coffee, but I also sneaked some back up to the hotel room so she wouldn't be hungry on the ride back.

For a short bit, I let her sleep, but when 10am hit, I realized it was probably best that we go ahead and start heading back to our hometown. We had quite the drive ahead of us and I didn't want to get back late-especially since I had the opening shift tomorrow morning, which, yes, I was dreading. I hate going back to work after vacation.

"Cecilia" I whispered, gently shaking her arm.

Her eyes squinted open and a little groan escaped from her lips. "Nooo, let me sleeeepppp"

"It's time to get up" I said softly. "We need to go ahead and head back"

"Can't we just stay here forever?" she rubbed her eyes.

I chuckled. "I wish, but unfortunately, my bank account won't let that be possible. I'm paying rent on an apartment that I'm not currently at"

"That's fair" she hesitated before sitting up. "So am I"

"I packed your stuff up for you" I smiled.

"You didn't have to do that" her eyes suddenly popped open all the way.

"I didn't mind" I assured her.

"Good to know you saw my underwear" she rolled her eyes before stretching and sliding off the bed.

"I wasn't sniffing it, don't worry" I smirked.

"Even if you were, they were clean" she slid her feet into her Vans. "Sorry to disappoint"

"Well, shit" I joked. "Just kidding. Are you ready?"

She nodded.

After getting our bags together, we both went down the elevator to the lobby. I turned in the two hotel key cards and thanked the receptionist before we headed out to my car.

I tossed both of our bags into the boot, and then we hit the road.

The Spotify playlist I had going was mostly some old fashioned hits. At parties, I loved the more alternative styles compositions. And don't get me wrong, I could listen to Bowling for Soup and Taking Back Sunday all day long, but for road trips-if I wasn't feeling like screaming my soul out-the Beatles hit different. Plus, it made for good background music for a long car ride if you were going to be talking to someone-in my case: Cecilia.

"So" I hummed as I pulled onto the main road. "What's the plan?"

"What do you mean what's the plan?" she looked over at me.

I reached into the center console and lifted the cap off the cigarette pack, carefully sliding out one. "What's the plan with Jacob when we get back?"

A heavy breathe escaped through her lips. "I don't even know, Man"

"Are you going to stay with him, even though he..?" I slid the stick between my teeth and patted my fingers around in the cup holder to feel for my lighter.