Chapter 31

Louis' POV-

I brought Cecilia with me to my shift at work the next day. It wasn't technically aloud, but I didn't really care. Besides, she wasn't causing any trouble. She'd brought her laptop and was working on applying for more jobs at the bar top while I mixed drinks for 5 hours. 

Yes, 5 hours. I had been able to get Nick to come in early so I could make my tattoo appointment. So after the time had passed, Cecilia and I headed out to my car. The shop was literally down the road from the Outfield-very convenient to say the least.

When I walked in, the manager, Raymond, and my usual artist Hayden both looked up, smiles spreading across their faces.

"Tomlinson!" Raymond grinned, walking over to the front desk from the back where the booths were. "It's been a hot minute. How have you been?

"Ups and downs" I exchanged a bro hug with him. 

"And who is this lovely lady?" he nodded at Cecilia.

"This is...my girlfriend" I reached out my hand for her, pulling forward.

"You? Have a girlfriend?" Hayden was now walking over, too, holding the stencil in his hand of the key image I had sent him the previous night.

"I do. This is Cecilia. Cecilia, this is Raymond and Hayden" I gestured to each one of them.

"It's nice to meet you" she beamed shyly.

"Nice to meet you, too, Sweetheart" Raymond replied.

"Let's see how long this one lasts" Hayden chuckled jokingly.

"This one's a keeper" I dismissed the joke.

"Where is the tattoo going to go?" he asked me, seeing that I was not amused at the slightest.

"On my right arm right here" I lifted my arm and pointed to the side, just by my elbow.

Nodding, he held the stencil up to my skin. "Does the sizing look good?"

"It's perfect" I studied it for only a second.

I trusted his judgement. I knew if it didn't look right, he would have said something.

"Alright, let me go transfer it, and then I'll call you over"

"Thanks, Hayden" I answered.

Honestly, it was hard for me to find a place on my arm I had wanted. I had so many tattoos done, and some of them were rather large. Plus, I didn't want it just getting lost among the patchwork style of the smaller tattoos on my arm.

"So how did you guys meet?" Raymond asked curiously.

"We met at a party I was DJing at" I propped my elbow on the counter.

He looked at her a little confused. "You don't look like the type who's into alternative music"

"I'm very much into alternative music" she spoke up, a little more confident than I expected. "I went on Warped Tour three times. I prefer the underground punk artists, though. I like supporting bands that keep the aesthetic alive. It's a shame some people are letting the style slip own the drain. It deserves to be appreciated more than it does. Plus, I think that a lot of people don't want to give it a chance because of the stereotype around the different sub genres"

He opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it, turning to me and breaking out into a grin. "I like this one. Don't let her go"

"I wasn't planning to" I put my arm over his shoulder and pulled her into me. "She's quite surprising"