28. Kiss Me More

Muzan wanted to...kiss you?!

You were trying your hardest not to freak out, to not give away any of the wild fantasies swirling through your head.

But his body was just a bit away from yours, and all you could focus on was the messy knot of warmth that formed in your stomach.

Your thoughts had gone blank before you forcefully redirected your mind on track.

"You can't kiss me," you responded decisively.

Your husband immediately knitted his brows at your unexpected response, abs and biceps tensing in annoyance. 

Exhaling slowly, you prepared for Muzan's reaction to your next sentence. "I still have to sort out my feelings about this friend."

"Who the—" Muzan tilted his head away again and mumbled a string of expletives, raking a hand through his raven-colored hair with a defeated rage. "Do you like this guy or something?"

Uh-oh.

"It's not that, necessarily," you hurriedly defended.

"Necessarily?!"

Muzan clenched his fists harder around you, forcing you to squeeze an eye shut in pain.

"I just," you started, your voice barely above a whimper. "I just don't think I'm ready."

After your kiss with Giyuu, you were not emotionally prepared to deal with the demon slayer.

So with Muzan, you wanted to go slow.

No, not "wanted to."  You needed to.

Using small, subtle steps, you edged away as far as you could before Muzan's grip on your wrists prevented you from moving further.

Noticing your newest escape attempt, Muzan surprisingly released his hold on you.

Your body flooded with much-needed relief.

Finally, you were safe.

You were no longer in the danger zone.

Turned out that Muzan could actually respect your boundaries, and you could walk away and relax. 

At last, you could breathe.

Until your husband prowled after you.

For every step you took towards the bathroom door, Muzan took two steps after you, approaching and stalking you like a hungry apex predator cornering its powerless prey.

It was as if he hadn't eaten in months and you were his first meal.

You're in trouble.

So much trouble.

"Y-You can stop following me now," you chirped in vain.

At that, your husband's face fell into an angered and cocky look, topped off by the roll of his muscular shoulders and the sculpted chisels of his body.

His tongue, which had been trapped between his teeth, slowly slid into his mouth, puffing up the inside of his left cheek along the way.

If you didn't think you were in a lion's cage earlier, you certainly were in one now. "If you come any closer, I'll—"

Your husband suddenly reached over again, this time circling your waist with his arms and pulling you to his chest.

With your nearly bare bodies now flushed against each other for the first time, you realized that Muzan's body was rock hard.