Chapter 3 - Resounding whispers

Victoria was mortified

For the second day in a row she has wet herself. These days were supposed to be long behind her. She stayed in her seat holding on to Steph while the sounds of her pee splashing on the carpet beneath her was getting louder the more saturated the carpet became, attracting more and more looks as time went on. Slowly the pressure faded enough that she was able to stop the flow

When the splashing stopped, she became aware of the silence in the room before all she could hear were the whispers on onlookers. 

"OMG is that girl peeing?"

"Bro she pissed herself"

"Gross I can smell it"

"The washroom is right there..." 

Victoria tries to open her mouth to apologize to Steph but the words won't come out. Only a slight squeak was all she could muster before stopped herself from bawling out loud. 

"Hey, Vicky listen to me. It's okay. listen to me. Let's get you home and cleaned up okay."

Victoria just stayed there gripping her arm not responding.

"Hey listen I'm here for you. I'm sorry I took so long. I didn't know you had to go too. But let's get out of here okay. Let's go before they call the custodian and it'll be a whole show"

Victoria nodded and loosened her grip on Steph's arm. Steph began to pack up their belongings while Victoria did the same while doing her best to keep her face hidden. 

As she stood up she felt her cardigan tug on her shoulders. She reached behind and had the realization, lower back of her cardigan was soaked from her pee. Everyone is gonna see and know when she walks back. 

Unsure of what to do about it all she could do was stand there feeling like an idiot. Steph finished packing the rest of Victoria's things and gently nudged her to go while walking closely behind.

"I'm sorry Steph." Victoria said meekly. As they made their way down at a faster pace. Victoria kept her head down out of fear of anyone recognizing her. 

"It's okay. Its my fault for taking so long. but we can talk about this later. for now let's focus on getting home"

In their brisk pace Victoria accidentally nudged someone who wasn't paying attention and their eyes met. It was Rick. 

Rick returned her stare and noticed the gloss and puffiness in her eyes. Something happened. He was about to say something when he noticed Steph mouthed a "no" while shaking her head. "Sorry about that" was all he could say before leaving them be. 

He turned around to get a glimpse of them and noticed the wetness on the tail of Vitoria's cardigan. Stunned, he was at a loss, but figured he should let them be and not add to her embarrassment. 

"OMG, poor thing, you can totally tell she peed herself" he overheard two girls gossiping in a not so subtle volume. 

--------------

"Hey wait up!" Steph turned around and noticed Rick running after them. 

"What do you want Rick?" Steph asked defensively. While Victoria kept her back turned.

"Um... Here." he said as he took off his hoodie and handed it to Steph. "It's cold out and She should be walking with a we- um with such a thin cardigan" he catches himself.

Steph takes the hoodie and puts drapes it over Victoria's back. At 5'10 his oversized hoodie was large enough to conceal the evidence of her accident. Victoria slipped her arms though the sleeves and draped the hood over her head to further hide herself. 

"He knows"

While she appreciated his attempt at saving her dignity, she caught the verbal slip well enough to know that he's aware of her predicament. She began to spiral and her whispers in her head became louder and louder. 

"God he must think I'm such a loser after last night and tonight."

"You're such a baby Victoria, you haven't changed at all"

"Everyone is going to know you as that girl who can't control herself again"

As her spiral continued her fear took over and she voided the remaining contents of her bladder right there. She felt the warmth trickling down her legs but was powerless to stop it. All she could was hide herself under the hood while she gripped own arms tightly. The pee was cascading down, splashing and creating a puddle which grabbed the attention of Rick and Steph.

"Oh gosh Vicky." she whispered to keep the attention to a minimum. "I'm here, and this guy is rick, our neighbour okay." she said as she held Vicky by her shoulders. We're gonna take you home okay. 

Victoria did her best to keep her composure until they made it into the elevator of their condo. Once the doors closed it was silence and she smelled a familiar scent from last night. She began to sob and the awkwardness and tension was felt by everyone in the elevator until Rick opened his mouth.

"So uh... You're up late?" Rick said with a slight chuckle turning to Victoria. 

Victoria stared at him through her tears before the stupidity and poor timing of his attempt to make a joke made her laugh a little.

"Thanks" she managed to say as it helped to lighten the mood of their 6x6 enclosure. 

The elevator arrived on the ninth floor and they made their way towards their respective rooms. 

"Hey Rick, um. thanks for being a pal to Vic". Steph says as Victoria went into the condo first to clean up. "We'll wash your sweater and return it soon. I think we're due for some laundry real soon." 

"Hey don't sweat it. I hope she's okay? I'm sorry if I overstepped myself there."

"I'm sure it was okay. You were a big help. Sorry if we kept you from class. I'll uh bring the sweater over later?" 

"Nah, you know how these last few weeks go. If it's not an in class exam, it's a review period."

"I hope it was the latter?"

"Yeah, but no sweat. I'm a pretty shit student and I'll mooch notes off a buddy or something."

"All right. Well, I'll see you later then. I should probably go in there and check up on her."

"Okay, don't be a stranger!"

The door to their apartment closed as Rick makes his way back to his apartment door to grab another sweater before heading back out to campus.