Chapter 22 - Red

"Aww, see. I'm glad he was so understanding." Victoria said pulling out her chair to get seated. 

Steph finished the story of her conversation with Jason just in time to sit for their exam. Their conversation the night before started with her confession, and ended up with Jason affirming her that he's willing to be open and navigate these things with her, as long as there are clear and honest communication lines. 

"I take it this means you're wearing?" Victoria whispered. 

"Mmhmm." Steph was taking large gulps of water. "you?"

"Yup!" Victoria nodded as she pulls out her water bottle and stationery. "I am so ready to be done." 

"Hey Vicky?" Victoria turned her face to Steph. "Actually, never mind. We can talk after. Exam is about to start." 

 -------------------------

"That was Brutal!" Steph said massaging her hand. 

"I thought it wasn't too hard. We covered a lot of it yesterday." Victoria was rolling her neck.

"The questions were easy, yeah, but my hand is still  cramping from how much we had to write!"

"True... 4 essay questions plus multiple choice for a 3 hour is brutal."

The two exited the building. It was now 2 in the afternoon and neither have had lunch. They went to the local campus pub to sit down for a celebratory meal.

"So... What did you wanna ask earlier?" Victoria asked Steph after placing their orders.

"Oh, it wasn't much of a question... More of an apology."

Victoria looked puzzled. "What for?"

"Last night when I was breaking down I said that it was different because I wanted them while you NEEDED them. Thinking back, it was uncalled for, and It was insensitive of me to say that."

Victoria looked at Steph taking in her words. "I mean... It's okay. It's not like you were wrong. Like, I used them a few times... there were times I didn't have them to save me kind of proves you right. It didn't bother me when you said it because I didn't think you were wrong."

"But, I... I used them too... And not always on purpose. I don't think it was fair to say that to you I didn't need them."

Victoria leaned in. "Steph, accidents... happen. Honestly, it really didn't bother me, but I appreciate that you care."

"Promise?" 

"Mhmm. You know I'd tell you if it did."

"Hey sorry ladies, I had forgotten to ask earlier, the side salad does have mixed nuts and berries on top, is that going to be an issue for any allergies?"

The two of them shook their head no.

"Perfect, and once again it's just two waters? No drinks? It is happy hour right now."

"We're okay, thanks." Steph smiled politely, and the waiter left.

"Speaking of drinks... do you know where tonight is supposed to be?" Steph asked Victoria realizing she knows very little of what's planned for the evening ahead. 

"Yeah, he texted me the address. I'll show you in a bit, just... let me... find it..."

"Okay, no rush, as long as one of us knows where to go. Did he say why his cousin was coming here?"

"Yeah, she's only 20, and in the States the legal age is 21, Since its 19 here, she comes up to drink or party every once in a while with some friends she met at her Uni across the border."