Chapter 14 - Contingency

Steph's own journey down the corridor was slow and steady in comparison, pausing every once in a while due to cramps. Stepping into the apartment she noted Victoria's sandals messily scattered towards the washroom, compared to her usual habit of placing them neatly on the shoe rack.

She took the task of putting the away the shoes for her. Bending over to pick up the shoes Steph felt severely uncomfortable due to the building pressure.

She decided to distract herself by putting away the groceries. Taking her time and neatly organizing the fridge and double checking the expiration dates of its contents. She spent about 15 minutes doing as the pressure grew, when another wave of cramps took over and she held herself while hunched over. 

She was about to knock on the door as Steph to hurry when she heard a loud groan through the door followed by the unmistakable sound of diarrhea. "Should I knock anyways? It sounds bad? but I gotta go too before its too late.

She decided to knock so that at least Victoria would know that she needed to go. 

"Vicky, can you please hurry up? I have to go too. BAD."

"Okay. I'm trying." She said before the sound of an explosion and groans were heard from the other side of the door. "Give me 5 minutes." 

Steph decided to sit down on the dining chair to help keep her movement at bay. leaning forward to grab the chair she felt the cold sweats. She then remembered the sensations she felt yesterday and knew that cold sweats meant that she had a minute or two at best. Not wanting to soil her clothes she thought of an idea. 

She ran into Victoria's room and grabbed a Goodnite out of the pack. Slipping her thumbs under the waistband of her clothes she swiftly removed her pants in record time and pulled up the Goodnite. Being significantly taller than Victoria, she noticed that the Goodnite was particularly tight around her waist. 

She turned around and was confronted with her reflection in the mirror. She felt so infantile staring at the image of herself in only a shirt and what is essentially a diaper. But, she put the embarrassment aside as she had no intention of using it. It was a contingency, she merely wanted to save her clothes from a potential accident.

She walked back into the living room and sat down on the chair. The hard plastic surface of the chair acted as a wall against her bowels, preventing her bowels from evacuating themselves, buying her more time. She browsed her phone scrolling Instagram for anything to pass the time. 

She heard the flush of the toilet and the sound of the sink. Her body, knowing relief was near started to convulse and push, but she pulled herself against the chair stopping the mess from leaving. Normally the wave would stop but this one persisted and Steph was feeling the pain get worse as the pressure was unrelenting. 

"Hold it! hold it! Oh god it hurts so bad, hold it!"

"Steph?" Victoria was looking at her roommate noticing her pained state and lack of pants. 

"Come on, let's get you in there." She grabbed her roommate by the shoulders and tried to lift her up.

"Nonononono. Don't move me. I can't move. It's going to come out." Steph refused to move her body and stayed in her chair. "I don't want to poop myself again." 

Victoria hugged her, "we need to get you to the toilet, let me know when you're okay to move."

Steph stayed still for a few seconds longer, before feeling the wave subside.  "I think I'm okay, I can move." She grabbed Victoria's hands and leaned forward to stand up, with her legs still clamped shut, when without any pain or warning she felt a large mass enter her Goodnite. Steph began to bawl.