Chapter 20 - Convenience

It was now Thursday evening and Victoria's week was relatively uneventful outside of studying and exams. She was spared from any accidents with the except for waking up soggy the morning after her date, which prompted her to wear one every night as an unneeded precaution. She continued to wear them during study sessions, even at the convenience of her own home. Her padded behind was currently seated at her dining table with with Steph and Jason while Rick was working a shift. She had her headphones in while Jason and Steph were colluding notes for their early morning Intersectionality exam.

The four of them would have the occasional study sessions together when their schedule meshed, and took turns with food runs or meal preps. With new and rekindled relationships developing, it was fortunate that neither pairing had the opportunity to study alone with their person of interest as their desires were a temptation none but perhaps Victoria and single minded determination to ace her exams would be able to deny, had it not been for the presence of a third of fourth wheel.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm due for a food break." Jason piped up.

Victoria looked at her phone noting it was now 8 pm before returning to her books.

"Mmmm me too." Steph said placing on hand on her stomach. "I think I'm going to call it a night for Intersectionality."

"Samesies." Jason said mimicking Steph's usual demeanor.

Victoria on the other hand was feeling slightly hungry, but did not want to stop studying for her Psychology of Sex exam.

"I'm gonna keep cramming. You guys go ahead." She said without lifting her face.

"Do you want us to bring you something?"

"No. I'll make instant noodles or something."

"In that case... wanna hit up Jacob's?" Jason asked Steph.

"It's a date!" Steph said half jokingly. Both Steph and Jason were excited to spend a bit of non-academic time together, and looked at Victoria to see if she reacted to Steph's date joke, but to no avail as her mind was trapped in the color coded grid on the notebooks in front of her.

The two said their goodbyes and left the apartment shortly leaving Victoria to her studies.

After an hour Victoria has not left her seat, not even for food, or to refill the now empty oversized mug of tea or water bottle. While hunger was a feeling she could easily put up with the pressure from her bowel and bladder has been growing at an increasing pace. Without Steph or Jason there to keep her a little more self conscious of bobbing or shaking, she was free to squirm and hold as long as she needed to, knowing that the washroom is conveniently a few steps away.

The music in her headphones was disrupted by a phone call from Steph.

"Hey Vicky, Rick and I just got seated and might be here for a while. Is that okay?"

"Hey, yeah that's more than fine. I'm just studying anyways."

"... have you eaten yet?"

"No. But don't worry. I can take care of myself. You guys enjoy your "DATE"." Victoria said smirking. 

Steph giggled on the other end "Okay, I'm going to go straight to Jason's after so we don't bother you okay? I'll be back around midnight to make sure you're alive"

"Okay" and with that they hung up.

Victoria looked at her notes and realized she had 1 and a half chapters left to cover. She decided the most efficient course of action was to finish up these chapters, which should only take an hour at best.