Chapter 25 - Comfort

After what seemed like minutes Rick and Victoria made their exit from the pool. It had in fact been an hour and many were still gong strong. Steph and Jason were seated on some chairs keeping an eye on the dried belongings of the currently drenched couple. Jordin and her friends were nowhere to be found. 

The late fall air was quite cold at this time of night and the shivering bodies of the two showed it. They walked to the seats and thanked their roommates for keeping an eye on their stuff and also apologized for how long it was. 

"Oh it was no issue. We had free booze and a show" Jason said before chugging the rest of his beer.

Not wanting to be cold any longer, Rick put on his hoodie and passed his t-shirt and plaid shirt to Victoria. "Here, take off your shirt and wear these. That way you won't get sick." 

Victoria took off her shirt but also noted that her bra was quite soaked. She put on Ricks' shirt which was quite baggy, before taking off her bra from the inside. She tied the plaid shirt around her waist and promptly removed her jeans, much to everyone's surprise. 

"What? They're cold when they're wet..." 

Fortunately her petite stature allowed all of Rick's clothes to be long and large enough to provide ample coverage. She put on her jacket and shoes "I think Rick and I are going to head back first you guys are welcome to stay and party if you want? I'm sorry you had to watch our stuff." Victoria said. 

"Oh don't worry about it. We'll head back with you guys. Besides, these parties aren't really our thing. We just came along to keep you both company." Steph was smiling. "You guys were cute out there."

Victoria and Rick looked at each other and blushed, until Rick remembered their reason for being here. 

"Where'd my cousin go?"

"We told her to go enjoy herself and to show her friends a good time." Steph turned to Victoria. "I think you guys should talk when you have a chance." Steph was a bit worried about whether or not Victoria was ready to have a talk with Jordin, but knew there was a lot to be discussed. 

"I think... I think I'm okay to do it tomorrow. Let me know when people are awake?"

"We'll keep you posted." Jason replied. "You never know how late people can sleep in after parties."

-----------------

The walk home was fast due to the cold air and wet clothes. Rick hopped into his apartment to shower while Victoria went to hers. Once she was done, she found Steph seated on the couch.

"Hello friend" she said pleasantly patting the empty seat next to her. 

"Hello?" Victoria said as she sat down. "What's up?"

"I... have a weird favor to ask you." Steph was looking into Victoria's eyes with an awkward half smile. "Do you think it's okay If I... used more of your Goodnites until my orders come in?"

"Yeah! Of course! I'm not planning to wear any more..."  Victoria happy to do any favor for Steph at this point. She hugged her and had a thought. "But maybe can I take one for tonight? I'm feeling kind of anxious about talking tomorrow." Victoria was holding herself a little in her anxiety. 

"They're yours, of course you can." Steph said leaning her head on Victoria's shoulder. "Did you wanna talk about it?" 

"Jordin's my ex-best friend's (Emily's) younger sister. Which means that both are Rick's cousins..." She continued to share the details of her past interactions with Jordin, getting slightly teary in the process. 

"Do you know what you wanted to say tomorrow?" Steph asked. 

"I... I think so? I mean, I just want to tell her how much it hurt me back then... and I'm not going to let her do that anymore. I'm not the same person anymore..." Her breathing was starting to increase. "At least I think I'm not."