Chapter 24 - Fight

"Icky Vicky?" Jordin said with a surprised tone. "No way!"

Steph and Rick caught the name drop right away and looked at Victoria who could only stare back like a deer in headlights. 

"Rick, is this the girlfriend Victoria that you were talking about?" She said looking at Rick who nodded back. "No way! Small world. We went to high school together. Right?" She said turning to Victoria.

"Uh- we- yeah." Was all she could say quietly averting her gaze. 

"This is crazy. I've gotta tell Emily!" She said as she takes a picture of Victoria standing there in shock. 

"No no no no no!" Victoria kept repeating to herself. "This can't be happening. This was all supposed to be behind me."  

Victoria was beginning to spiral. Her arms crossed and she gripped her elbows tightly. Her breathing was becoming erratic. 

"Hey, Vic?" Rick was on one knee trying to get her attention, to no avail "Victoria, we're here. It's okay." 

"Vicky. listen to my voice. Vicky..." Steph took over Rick's position while he pulled Jordin aside for a conversation. 

Victoria was in her own head when she felt her bladder start to give way. She felt the warmth spreading in her crotch and thighs. As soon as she felt it, instinct took over and she ran off to hide. 

Rick saw her run and he followed after. He tried to follow her, but lost her in the crowds. Looking around in panic he kept looking he noticed some people whispering and pointing towards a tool shed off to the side. 

Figuring that was where she was hiding, he approached the shed and placed an ear at the door. Hearing some heavy breathing and sobbing he knocked on the door. 

"Vicky? It's me. Are you in there?" 

The crying got louder.

Rick decided to just go in. "Vicky I'm coming in." 

Rick slid the door open and saw her seated on the ground with her head between her knees. It was dark and he knelt down on one knee next to her. He felt the knees of his jeans getting warm with wetness. He pulled out his cell phone and turned on the flashlight and pointed it upwards. 

"Hey." He said putting his hand on her shoulder, but she was unresponsive and kept breathing heavily. Realizing she needed time, he sat down next to her, not caring for her puddle being absorbed by his jeans. He put his hand around her and held her until she was ready to talk. 

--------------------

"Hey, look I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean for this to happen." Jordin said to Steph and Jason. 

Jason wasn't sure what to say or do as he wasn't aware of Victoria's past, but Steph spoke up with a question. 

"It's okay... I think- I mean- did something happen between you two?" 

"It's... a long story. Not one I'm proud of."

----------------------

Victoria had calmed down, but continued to sit in silence. 

Victoria whispered "I've met Jordin before..." She lifted her head out of her knees. "Her sister Emily was one of my best friends before everything fell apart..." 

"Oh. So you and Em also go back..." Rick said realizing that his cousins were largely responsible for Victoria's troubled past.

"Yeah.... It- I'm- I'm sorry." 

"What for?" 

"... me." 

"Hey don'-"

"No I am. Who am I kidding? I haven't changed. I just pissed myself again just because I met someone who bullied me four years ago." She looked at her sleeve which was wet from her tears, and took off her jacket feeling unworthy of what it was supposed to mean to her.