Chapter 6 - Loaded Lecture

By some miracle, they were able to make it to the lecture in time. They took seats at the  center of the lecture hall, several rows from the front. Upon sitting down Victoria had a sudden realization. 

"Crap, I never switched out of the Goodnites" she checked herself to see if anything was noticeable, but was thankful for the concealment of massively oversized sweats. 

Steph not missing a beat turned to Victoria "hey, you okay?" 

"Yeah. Um, I uh.. I was rushing and just put sweats on over what I wore last night" 

"So what? No one is gonna notice you're not wearing a bra under that hoodie. Besides, it's not the 50's anymore, you are welcome to free those nips" Steph replies with a little cheekiness.

"No, it's not that it's..." she leaned in to whisper "I'm still wearing the Goodnites".

"Oh.... I don't think it's noticeable either under all that. Let's just head home to change after lecture." 

Realizing that there was not much else to be done, the two unpacked their bags in preparation of a loaded review lecture. Both girls were on high alert for this lecture. Professor Strauss was one of those professors notorious for the density of his posterior. Late comers were denied entry, no leaving lectures with the exception of the mid lecture break. However, those who were willing to be attentive in his lectures seldom needed to do additional readings.

"Okay class, I would like to congratulate you for coming this far, and to thank you being timely as usual." he says while glancing at the faces peering in from the window at the door. "As my thank you, today's review lecture will be shortened to 2 hours instead of the usual 3, but we will be skipping the usual mid lecture break. Are there any objections?" 

The class was unanimously silent as as shorter lecture is always a reason to cheer on a Friday. 

Professor Strauss began his lecture with a breakdown of the upcoming exam format, followed by a short question session in regards to the format. By then an hour had gone by, and both girls were taking writing down everything with vigor. 

"Hey Vicky..." Steph said sheepishly. 

"Hold on, gimme one sec" Vic says as she finishes writing her last sentence. "Yup, what's up?"

"Is, is your tummy okay?" 

Victoria looks at Steph and notices her slightly hunched over with her hand on her stomach. 

"Yeah it's okay. Are you okay?" 

"I don't think so. Maybe I undercooked a sausage or something this morning. My stomach isn't so great."

"Oh no, do you want to go? I can finish taking notes. I'll meet you outside later?" 

"Yeah that would be great, thanks." Steph whispers back as she hurriedly packs her belongings.

"If you do not plan to attend my lecture in it's entirety, I suggest you do not bother coming at all Miss Lee." Professor Strauss says condescendingly. 

"I'm sorry sir, it's an emergency. I mean no disrespect." 

" Your intent does not justify the disruption you are causing to both my time, or the time of your peers." 

Victoria was livid and clenching her fist, but Steph told her it's okay before rushing out the lecture hall. 

"Now that all interruptions are done, allow me to grace you all with a brief overview of what chapters will be covered by each portion of the exam." 

 As thrilled as she was, Victoria could also tell the resounding whispers of "yes" were nothing more than music stroking the ego of the conceited professor, causing her more annoyance as she acknowledged him as the bully that he is.