Part 28

When Izuku walked into the dining room, he saw that next to Shinsou was Monoma from class 1-B. He didn't know him all that well, just that he was kind of rude at times.
With a bit of a sigh, Midoriya made his way over to the table and took a seat. Todoroki followed behind. It seemed as though that Todoroki wasn't too fond of Monoma either. Though, it didn't show too clearly on his face.
    Even though Monoma and Todoroki knew each other, he never really liked him. They just happened to be in the same friend group. Then again, Todoroki's friend group was pretty big and he didn't really like most of the people in it. So, it didn't really matter to him if Monoma was in the same group of friends as him. Especially if he was somebody who has been known to be mean to Midoriya. After all, he was the one that got food all over Midoriya that one day. He was also yelling at him.
"It's so good to see everyone sitting down for dinner!" Yamada smiled as he brought over a big plate of food for everyone. Monoma was currently smirking at Midoriya with a bit of a scoff. Hitoshi didn't seem to notice, he was to engulfed in his phone. However, Todoroki noticed. He wasn't too pleased to see that Monoma was scoffing at Midoriya, but he didn't want to make a scene.
"Why is this guy here?" Midoriya pointed up at Monoma slightly with his fork before he grabbed some food. Hitoshi put his phone down and started to grab some too.
"He's a friend of mine. He's helping me out for my audition into one of the musical arts classes so is Aizawa. You know, the class you're in? Monoma is in 1-B, the class right below 1-A." Hitoshi continued to fill his plate till he was done. Midoriya was pretty sure he understood the situation. He knew that students from the general classes could transfer to the musical arts program if they auditioned and worked hard enough.
    "Oh, that's good for you. I'm sure you'll make it in. I've heard you singing, and you're really good." Hitoshi blushed just barely visible. He felt embarrassed that Midoriya had heard him before, but he appreciated the compliment.
    "Than-" Hitoshi was about to finish his sentence when he was cut off by Monoma. He was eager to say something ever since Midoriya sat down.
    "Of course Shinsou will make it into the musical arts program. He's been getting my help, and he's great at everything he does. Probably because he's been working with me." Hitoshi didn't pay much mind from the backhanded compliment. He'd gotten used to Monoma's arrogant attitude. He doesn't really mind. Hitoshi is too sleep deprived and too focused on work to care.
    Todoroki couldn't help but roll his eyes at what Monoma had said. He was sure that Hitoshi was doing fine without his help. Having Aizawa help him was probably what was going to get him into the program. Either way, Todoroki didn't want to make himself look problematic in front of Midoriya by arguing with Monoma, someone who was supposed to be considered his "friend".
     "I'm sure Hitoshi would've made it in either way. He's pretty talented." Midoriya spoke as he started to gather some food up onto his fork. It was pretty clear that Midoriya didn't like Monoma. It was also pretty clear that this dinner wasn't going too well. Yamada looked at Aizawa with pleading eyes, practically begging him for some kind of help to make this dinner better. Aizawa didn't really know what to do though, and he didn't really care, but he would do something for Yamada's sake.
    "Have any of you guys been on any dates? I wanna hear about a boyfriend or girlfriend if you've got one." Aizawa tried to act interested as he asked about their love lives, but his tone came off rather tired and monotone.
    Of course, the only one that really perked up at the question was Monoma. Everyone else at the table was either tired, emo, or didn't like anyone at the table other than Midoriya.
    "I'm not seeing anyone, but I heard a rumor that Todoroki was dating Momo. Is that true?" Monoma leaned back on his chair and took a bite of his food after he asked his question. Now, everyone except two people at the table were interested in the conversation. Hitoshi and Aizawa never really cared about the conversations that were going on in the first place. They were just trying to eat. Midoriya, Todoroki, Monoma, and Yamada on the other hand, they were all pretty interested. All for different reasons.
   Monoma was interested in the conversation since Momo was also someone in the friend group. He wanted to know if the two were really dating. Yamada was interested since he wanted to know more about the kids lives. Todoroki was interested because he wanted to know where Monoma had heard this, along with the fact that he was a bit scared that Midoriya might get the wrong idea. Finally, Midoriya was interested because he wanted to know whether it was valid or not for his anxiety rising as the seconds passed and whether or not his heart should be shattering like it is.
    Todoroki was a bit taken aback. He didn't expect this kind of question. There was no doubt that he was friends with Momo, they talked often and he thought she was pretty nice, but he had eyes only for Midoriya. Now, he had no idea what Midoriya might be thinking. He could only assume by the way his fork scraped against the plate for a second when the question was asked that he wasn't too happy. Then again, that's just an assumption.
"I'm not dating Yaoyorozu. We're just friends. I'm not really sure what gave you that idea." Todoroki tried to keep his calm. He honestly wanted to lean over the table and strangle Monoma for saying that in front of Midoriya, but it didn't matter. Midoriya was already overthinking everything, and Monoma was just about to make it even worse.
"Are you sure? I see you guys talking all the time. Not to mention, Momo is so pretty. Any guy with a brain would think she was cute. Surely you can't deny that?" Monoma was being persistent. He was just that type of person. There probably wasn't even a real reason as to why he wanted to know. He genuinely probably just wanted to know whether the two were dating or whether Todoroki had an interest in her or not.
Now, Midoriya was overthinking everything. He was thinking about Momo and Todoroki. Whether they really were a thing and he just didn't know. Then there was the kiss in the bathroom. Did it mean anything? Did Todoroki actually even like him? Midoriya was losing his mind thinking about everything. He had no idea what to think now. After Todoroki had came over to hang out with him, he thought that things were going great. Now, he can't help but think he's being used or being lead on.
Midoriya glanced up at Todoroki, only to see he was looking at Midoriya. He truly wanted to believe that Todoroki wasn't involved with Momo, but he had no idea what to believe. He knows he should believe Todoroki, but Midoriya is known to be an over thinker.
"I'm not seeing Yaoyorozu. I only see her as a friend."

__________________________
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter !

~Total words 1272~