001 - midnight

"is this just a dream?"

2nd person POV

2nd person POV

ever since you were little, the safe streets of tokyo filled with the buzzing sounds of cars were unsafe and horrible to you as you were able to see these "weird, exotic-looking," creatures lurking at a distance from time to time.

this was already a big challenge for you but instead of feeling better with some company with your fellow classmates and friends, they made it harder for you as they made fun of your reactions when these creatures appear.

'why couldn't they see them? why only me?' was a question that would repeat and repeat in your mind. were you special? you didn't think so. were you cursed? you never know.

but the reason for this was something you desperately wanted to know. 'is there other people like me?'

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

it was currently thirty minutes before your fifteenth birthday as you couldn't sleep at all. you felt empty, like something that you couldn't explain was bothering you for no reason at all.

so for you to at least use up your energy you had left, you decided to have a stroll on your neighborhood, at least that could help you get tired a bit.

the cold wind of the evening was softly touching your skin as it was the quietest time of day. there was no one but you present in the dark scenery. it felt new to you. it was peaceful. a word you probably never experienced since almost all your life were filled of the dangers that society has placed into it.

as you walked through the street, you felt like there was something erupting inside of you. a weird and unusual sensation was tingling as your body became lighter, like as if it was possessed by a force, something you couldn't put into words.

a sudden sound of chaos was heard from your right, 'i should stay out of it.' you thought as this can only give you trouble. but your body wasn't listening at all, you were too curious to leave like this. you eagerly wanted to investigate.