029 - forgotten memories

"I'll take care of her."

2nd person POV

2nd person POV

they say that your life flashes before your eyes in the brink of death.

you woke up in a room engulfed with all darkness, you contemplated where you were. is this just a dream?

"my child." a painfully familiar voice made you look towards the right. it was a woman, a very familiar woman. her body was glowing, you could see her very clearly despite the dark.

she had your e/c eyes as she looked at you with a faint smile.

"who are you?" you asked, walking a little bit towards her yet maintaining your distance.

she walked even closer to you. "i will let you remember." she placed her hand on your forehead, putting her cursed energy into you. the moment this happened, your mind went blank before a flood of memories, memories erased from your mind, rush inside of you.

≪ 9 years ago ≫

the scenery was peaceful, the stars were beautiful. you laid there on the grass alone in midnight in a park a little far from where you lived. you do this every time your parents get into a fight.

the peacefulness then disappeared once a voice interrupted your rest.

"hey!" a white haired boy popped out of nowhere as he stood behind your head, his head popping and blocking your view of the night sky.

your eyes widened as you quickly sat up, embarrassed and flustered by the sudden intrusion.

"don't scare her like that, kaneki." a nonchalant voice came from afar as a boy with raven hair walked closer to you both.

kaneki just brushed him off. "why are you here miss? isn't it dangerous for you to be out this late?"

"i could say the same thing to you too." you slightly chuckled, still a bit shy of the situation. you could feel the both of them looking at you intently. "just problems at home, this is where i go almost every night just to relax."