025 - training

"Please do your best for me y/n."

2nd person POV

2nd person POV

"my beloved students!" gojo announced as he requested the four of you to gather in a line. you stayed near itadori since he was the only one out of the three who knew your whereabouts and he felt the need to make you feel comfortable so he welcomed you to do so.

"you will be fighting today for training." he stated with a grin on his face, "there will be a festival in a few days and i need you all to be in good shape."

"are we staying on campus?" kugisaki asked as she raised her voice slightly to be heard. "nope, ijichi will be sending you off there later on." gojo replied.

"you will be paired within each other and together you would have to defeat two cursed spirits." gojo added. itadori looked at you assuredly indicating he would be partners with you.

a vigorous ring came out of nowhere as gojo took out his phone from his pockets. "i'll be taking this for a moment." the moment he left, itadori went closer to you.

"y/n don't worry it's up to you if you want to use your inherited technique later." itadori placed his hands on your shoulders. "if you don't want to then that's alright, just leave it to me."

you both had a sweet moment but you could feel megumi glancing at the both of you. 'did he hear what itadori said?' you panicked inside. he looked at you with a sad expression, thinking that he ruined what both of you had just because of his feelings.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

gojo went back after a minute to announce the pair ups. "megumi will be with y/n while kugisaki will be with yuuji."

"could i be with itadori instead?" you asked, internally wincing on what you asked. you knew it would affect megumi— which it did. he knew you felt uncomfortable with him now but he didn't expect you to ask to change partners.

"i think this will be the best pairing y/n." gojo leaned on to you as he pointed with his index finger towards the air. "you and megumi worked well in the past and i'm sure you both will do great again."

'and besides— he misses you.' gojo internally thought.

"okay, mr. ijichi will send you to your destination in a moment. i'll be in a meeting so i'll see you guys after." he said as he disappeared, leaving you all startled.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"dibs on the passenger's seat!" kugisaki exclaimed as she ran as quickly as possible when you all went towards the car.

itadori took the initiative to walk in the car first, claiming himself to be in the middle of the three seats on the back. you went inside on the right— expecting megumi to go to the other side.

but as you were about to close the door, you felt it being held on. you glanced outside to see the ravenette standing outside and holding unto the door. he looked quite shy.

"may i sit here?" he asked in a soft tone.

"ah...sure." you replied in a calm voice, trying not to sound anxious. itadori had to move towards the left so that megumi could go in.

you were now in between them but you were leaning closer to itadori which was quite obvious. megumi on the other hand noticed this and he felt a tiny bit..... jealous.

'does she like him?' megumi asked himself— if you did it would answer a lot of his questions like why you would only hang out with him or why you wanted him to be your partner. but if you actually did like itadori— he would be okay with it, as long as you were happy.

but it would hurt him, it would hurt him a lot.

he saw the big gap between you both and he felt the uneasy feeling in his heart which made his chest tighten.

you tried to avoid the gazes you could feel from megumi and you tried to look straight to avoid any eye contact. you weren't ready to tell him yet, but you were sure you will soon once you find the right time and enough courage to do so.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"so i will be putting up two veils where two of you will be in each one. the cursed spirits are also inside so you will only have limited space to run around." mr. ichiji said nonchalantly as usual as all of you went out of the car and arrived in a forest that was secluded from the city.

you and megumi went to the left side where you were assigned to as the other pair went to the right. itadori gave you a reassuring pat on the shoulder to give you good luck.

mr. ijichi then started to make two veils, separating the two pairs from each other, serving as the battleground.

a feeling of awkwardness filled the atmosphere between you both. you didn't know how to start a conversation with him anymore that didn't involve any uncomfortableness.

and he didn't know too. he just thought that he wasn't enough for you and that maybe you do deserve someone— someone better like itadori.

once the veil was fully enclosed, two cursed spirits appeared in front of you. specifically two grade two's.

"i'll handle the other one, for now just stall the second one, i'll help you exorcise it after. megumi said in a normal tone voice as he was readying his shikigami. you just nodded— you were thinking if you should use your inherited technique or not.

you might have to— but you didn't want him to know just yet. he was going to hate you, at least that's what you thought. because you were his daughter, the daughter of the man megumi most despised.

but you were his childhood friend too, but would it make a difference?

megumi noticed your tensed up expression which slightly worried him. he placed his hand on your shoulder as he whispered to you.

"please do your best for me y/n."

06

06.24.21 - 07.02.21
edited on: 07.20.22

tysm everyone for 25.4K reads!!! 💕

Keidy;)