Chapter 22.

*****

The rustling of the wind and heavy drops of rain is a sign of prey hunting. A suspicious group moving so fast, like a blink of an eye. The group of wolves is approaching, chasing for them but they were too fast to get caught.

"Mind link the alpha that we sight an intruder! " a leader of sentinels said.

The sky is dark as a sign that the rain will not stop anytime soon, but the chasing continues. Pack members were warned to be cautious and prepared for possible encountered with the groups of vampires.

On the other part Mew and Gulf preparing themselves to go back to the city. News spread fast that the wolf king has found his mate but the identity of the future luna is still hidden. Heaving a deep sigh for the fifth time, Mew pulls Gulf into a hug and releases a calming pheromone for his mate.

Gulf has never been relaxed since he announced him as his mate at the training ground. Gulf sigh again and made Mew felt a bit frustrated.

"Don't you like it that everyone knows that I found my mate? Is there something that bothers you about it? " Mew asked rubbing his mate's arms.

"It's not like that love, I'm worried and scared. I have a plan of revenge for my parents, if I'm acting alone it shouldn't matter but now you are here and everyone. I'm afraid that you might get hurt also! " Gulf said leaning his head on Mew's shoulder.

Mew is about to answer him when Bright intrudes his mind link.

"Alpha a vampire intruder was on sight at the pack territory, we are heading there now. Take Gulf home, we will be fine! " Bright said confidently.

"How come that the vampire gets in? Every corner has sentinels and guardians! " Mew said, his eyes flashed in the Blue shade.

"They killed the guards! " Bright answered.

Mew gritted his teeth, clenching his fist. Gulf saw Mew's reaction and he knows that there is a problem to come.

"I can go home alone, follow them. We didn't know what kind of damaged they will bring to your pack this time! " Gulf said putting the last piece of his clothes in his backpack.

"No! We will leave together, the other alphas can manage that. I'm sure there is a reason behind this, and I will find it out! " Mew said sternly pulling his hand to leave the room.

****
As they reach the hall, Gulf's friends are waiting for him. Saint is playing with the butterflies, Mild is sitting silently in the corner, Win and Fluke are having a conversation.

They fix themselves when they saw Mew and Gulf approaching them. Mild smiled at them and it made Gulf surprised.

"Why are you smiling? " Gulf asked his timid friend.

"Well, Saint told me that I will be staying at your house from now on, is that true? " Mild asked.

Gulf looks at Mew and his mate nod at him smiling.

"Yes! But there is a house rule, we will talk about it when we get there! We should leave now! " Gulf said reaching Mew's hand.

Alexander is waiting in the hallway staring at the big canvas that was placed in a wall near the majestic staircase.

"Father, we are leaving now! " Mew said in a high pitch voice to get his father's attention, but the old man didn't look at them.

Gulf looks at the large canvas, it's an image of a white wolf with blue eyes.

"You look like him Gulf, it's a shame that he died just like that! " Alexander said still looking at the canvas.

"Who is he? " Gulf utter in a whisper.