Chapter 39.

A/N; mention of blood and foul words that some readers may found uncomfortable, please be advised.

********

Gulf brings Mew back to their room, he needs to talk to his mate. The fear in everyone's eyes was evident, some of them are trembling especially the omegas and children. Gulf has no pack of his own but he knew that members should be glad that their alpha is around not trembling in fear because of his presence.

Gulf a deep sigh and prepared himself to face his mate but he was surprised when Mew pulled him in a hug with heavy breathing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scared everyone. I'm sorry that you have to witness those fears in their eyes when they saw me. I honestly don't know how to change everything. I thought everything's fine but when I saw you earlier that was the first time that I saw those children running around while laughing. That was the first time that I felt everyone is at ease even though I'm here. " Mew explained as his hug became tighter.

Gulf felt the sincerity in Mew's words, his mate wanted to change but he just don't know how and where to start. His heart ached by the thought that his mate is dealing with a situation like this. He is a great alpha, a wolf king but the love and respect of his pack members were replaced by fear.

"Do you... " Gulf loosens himself from Mew and looks at him smiling. "Do you like to eat cookies? " Gulf asked that made Mew chuckled and hug him again.

"This is not the right time for personal agenda I need to help him gain the love and respect of his pack. " Gulf said to himself as he promised to help his mate.

********

Ja and Haii looking around cautiously at the abandoned forest where they meet their other comrade. Everyone was called to gather by order of their young master. All vampires that were under the rule of Henry were set to prepare for a mission.

Draco's death spread like wildfire on the vampire's clan. Some wanted to find out who terminate the Guild leader and few knew that it was Gulf.

As Ja and Haii enter the secret underground, they were greeted immediately by everyone.

"Young master's order, find out everything about the royal family, the Gothic Guild, and the enchantress. " Ja stated in a serious voice as he glance at Haii.

"How about the wolf king? He is a mate of the young master. Is he a part of the mission? " Joss asked, he is one of the best fighters of the group.

"Young master will handle the wolf king. We have one month before the grand ball that is prepared by the palace. We must find out everything from bits to pieces. Don't disappoint the young master! " Haii replied as he sign Ja that its time to go.

"We keep an eye on some guards of the palace, we notice that they are taking vervain inside. " Lexin said that made Ja and Haii snap their heads towards his direction.

"There is a vampire prisoner at the dungeon, I think they used those vervains to weaken them. " Ja answered unsurely.

"No! They don't use vervain before, they usually starve those vampire prisoners to death or tortured them, I'm sure there is someone special in there that used the extent of using vervain. " Janis said, she is the tracker of the group.

Everyone falls to silence, Ja and Haii are in deep thought when they realized something.

"Sir Henry is there! " Haii blurted out which make everyone in shock.

"We have to find out everything before reporting to young master but the thought that sir Henry is held as a prisoner inside the palace dungeon means that he is not safe with his mate. I'm falling to the conclusion of conspiracy! " Joss said heaving a deep sigh.