Chapter 42.

A/N; mention of blood, foul words, and killings. 

*******

Gulf fake a smile the moment he face his mate when he heard the balcony door open, his mind is still unclear on how things going. He stares at his mate's orbs as Mew walks towards him smiling.

"Why are you here? And with the door closed? " Mew asked simply, eyeing the mobile phone in Gulf's hand.

"Ja called, he just asked how I'm doing here! " Gulf said hugging his mate to hide his uneasy feeling.

Mew pulls him to go back inside and urges him to get ready for everyone is present especially the other alphas.

Gulf is dazed but he did all his best to act normal although he feel like his stomach twisted with mixed emotions.

As they go down, Gulf notices the silence. The pack members are still scared of having their alpha around, scared in a wrong way. Though Mew is aware of the sudden gloomy surroundings, he still wears his cold and stoic facade.

"Just this time Mew, let me help you! " Gulf said to himself as he greeted everyone with a warm smile.

As they finished their breakfast, everyone settled down to the palace ground and wait for the wolf king's signal to start the fun. Gulf observes his mate who obviously doesn't know how to start the announcement himself.

"Love it's just the children, call them now to choose which team are they going to join. " Gulf suggested as he caress his mate's arms to ease the nervous feeling.

Mew smiled at him and do what he said. The children came running with a wide smile on their faces, as they choose which team they want. Most of them choose Luna's team that made Mew frown like a child looking at his mate.

"Hey, Frank! Why did you choose the Luna Team?  Our Alpha is stronger than a Luna! " a kid with a tooth missing in front said putting his hand on his waist.

The boy named Frank looks at Mew and then back to the boy who asked him.

"I just want to! Rio! " Frank answered lowering his head, he was scared of his alpha.

"Now, now, let's start the game! " Gulf yelled excitedly while clapping his hand. His voice brings energy to everyone as they cheered together as the game start.

Running, clapping, and panting for air, Gulf's team is leading. As the laughter echoed all around like a festival in the city, Mew look around with a calm smile for he witness the true laughter inside his pack for the very first time.

Gulf is about to kick the ball when he heard the hissing arrow flying in his direction. As he dodge it, he catch the arrow by his hand that made everyone gasp and alert.

Mew look at him in horror then snap his head towards the archer but they don't find anyone except the pack members in shock.

"Everyone, bring the children to the safest place.! " Mew yelled as Gulf mind link him that he heard footsteps from the thick forest coming their way.

As another shot of arrow fly towards Gulf dodge it again and heightened his senses to locate the archer.

"Gulf! " Mew called his name, his eyes in the shade of blue.

"I'm fine!" Gulf yelled "Assassins! They were assassins! " Gulf said as they prepare themselves to fight.

"In a broad daylight? " Mew asked as his mind link everyone to stay alert.

He looks at his side to bring his mate to a safe place but what he saw is the retreating back of Gulf that run towards the direction of the assassins.

"Gulf comeback! What do you think you're doing? " Mew's voice is a worry but angry at the same time.

"Protect your pack! We can't allow them to get nearer, it will be dangerous to everyone. " Gulf answered as he run towards the huge trees and locates every enemy on sight.

"How will you know that you will be going to kill an assassin and not a pack member? You don't meet everyone here! " Mew sternly said as he followed his mate.

"I swear! I know when I see one! " Gulf cut off their link and focus on fighting.

One person stands in his way with a bow and arrow in his hand, he aims to hit Gulf but got shocked when his head was cut off from his body. Blood flowed from his cut-off veins, eyes open.

Gulf took the bow and arrow and locate the others, as he glides from one point to another like a wind who find his way. Another two assassins face him, eyes glowing red. Running towards his direction but a snap like a broken twig and a soft groan was heard.

One enemy lay on the ground with a hole on his chest, his comrade look at his lifeless body then look at Gulf in horror. In Gulf's hand is bones dripping in blood.

Gulf smiled at him evilly as he turned the bones into a frozen state.

The man step backward as he look at Gulf in fear, as he turned around to retreat. Gulf took the bow and arrow and prepared it to hit him, as his eyes were in the shade of emerald green, he release the arrow with a blue flame. Scream was heard as smoke goes up like a signal that another life was taken to the throne of hell.

Gulf observed his surrounding but it became quiet again, as he heard footsteps he knew that it was his mate.

He decided to meet him halfway but he suddenly halt as another man with a spider tattoo on his left arm and eyes in glowing yellow block his way. As they stare at each other, Gulf knew that he needs to be careful. As the man stride towards him, he saw a glint of the sharp object he was holding. A weapon.

Every attack is smooth, dodging and blocking is what Gulf's do for the enemy is inoffensive mood. Until he got the right timing, he catch the man's arm and twist it without mercy, a groan of pain was heard. Gulf didn't give the enemy a chance to recuperate as he quickly grabs the man's chin and squeeze it in full force. His jawline was cut off from his face together with his gums along with his teeth. His blood dripped out from his nose, tongue hanging like a leaf.

"Gul- shit! " Mew exclaimed as he saw his mate drench in the blood of his enemy.

Gulf stares at his mate, hands are bleeding but the way his mate stride towards him, Gulf knew that his mate is safe.

Nine and Boat are staring at Gulf in a shocking state, they didn't witness that kind of brutality in killings before. Mew who felt the tension arising cleared his throat to divert the attention.

"There is a waterfall near here, let's clean up there before going back to the packed ground. I don't want them to saw their luna in a state like this! " Mew said sternly, pulling his mate in the direction of the said waterfall.

"Alpha! How about those dead bodies? " Nine asked still eyeing his luna but Gulf ignored him.

"Burn them! " Mew exclaimed.

Unknown to Mew, Gulf flinch by the word he said.

"Order from the higher! Burn and kill! "

As he watches his mate's back, Gulf silently hopes that his mate is not an accomplice of his father.

He holds his mate's hand tightly, as Mew guides him in the way. Gulf unconsciously held his belly as if he is protecting someone.

******

: enjoy reading guys and thank you for the votes and comments.