Chapter 41.

A/N: calm before the storm

********

Two naked bodies under the soft duvet, hugging each other sharing the warmth that emits from them. Mew's arm is in his mate's waist, pulling him closer as if the friction of their skin is not enough to feed the feeling of satisfaction of having his mate.

Gulf is sleeping soundly, his mate pounded him without stopping last night. Mew just stopped when Gulf uses his strength as a vampire and pin Mew to the bed claiming his lips until Mew begs him that he needs to breathe.

Laughing at each other's antics, they called it quits.

As they opened their eyes for a new day, Mew accidentally heard three heartbeats, which made him confused early in the morning. Cautiously listening to every movement from the outside, Mew heaved a sigh as he heard some sentinels and other pack members loitering around.

"Are you okay Mew? " Gulf asked as he felt the uneasiness from his mate.

"I should be the one asking you that! How are you? " Mew smiled more like teasing his mate.

"I feel like I'm going to beat someone today! " Gulf answered as he removed Mew's hand on his waist, he heard his mate chuckled.

He is about to stand up from the but he winces in pain while holding his back.

"Are you sure you can-" Mew quickly sealed his mouth when his mate throw a deadly glare at him.

"Help me to get cleaned, I feel sticky and hungry! " Gulf said taking a deep breath while eyeing his mate who silently go to the bathroom to prepare his bath.

Gulf smiled secretly, his mate is so obedient this past few days and he loved it. Although there are some cases that his mate acted like a possessive alpha especially when the topic is about his past, his mate is attentive enough to all his request.

Mew came back and scoop him to the bathroom, he was surprised but he didn't complain. His mate is strong, with a good built that made everyone drool. Eyes are sharp like an eagle and face features like an anime character.

"Stop drooling at me baby, do you want to get pound again? " Mew asked smirking at his mate.

"Do you want to die? " Gulf snarl at him.

Mew laugh so hard and kiss his mate's temple, Gulf didn't argue anymore. This is the first time that they do all the bickering after rough sex and he loves how Mew laughs at his sassy attitude.

"Baby? " Mew called his name.

"Huh? " Gulf replied still staring at his mate.

"Your different today, your glowing, and you smell sweet! " Mew said while inhaling the scent of his mate from his neck.

"Stop it! Let me rest for one week! You were an insatiable beast! " Gulf snarled again.

"I'm sorry I was carried away, I love you so much! " Mew replied pecking his lips for a small kiss.

Mew is about to leave the bathroom but stopped when Gulf holds his hand.

"I love you too love! " Gulf stare at his eyes and smiled.

Mew lean-to capture his mate's lips again and Gulf gave in.

Mew leave him to prepare his clothes but the moment he closed the bathroom door Mew took a deep breath with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry baby! Just hold on a little while, everything will come to an end. I will give you justice, I promised you that! " Mew said internally.

"You know the possible consequences of hiding him the truth right? " Apollo came in on his mind link.