Dream 3

The next time Aziraphale fell asleep he awoke in dream-land alone; which was slightly disappointing. He was hoping to see Crowley this time -- he was always hoping to see Crowley. But alas, as much as the angel searched, the demon was nowhere to be found.

As Aziraphale wandered around, in search for his favorite snake, he noticed a door at the end of the hallway that hadn't been there the previous times he dreamt. 'Maybe finally we're switching it up,' Aziraphale thought curiously. He had heard of humans and their inconsistent dreams and had often wondered if his mind could do the same.

Opening this new wooden door, all Aziraphale could do was stare. There were aisles upon aisles of empty bookshelves, ceilings climbing higher than the angel had ever seen. It was magnificent.

This must be the room the angel had asked for previously. The one Crowley had promised to make.

"Oh Crowley..." Aziraphale whispered to himself, "You've really outdone yourself."

Of course the angel knew that it had really been his own mind to come up with such a place -- as if the demon could truly be here. But still, it was quite breathtaking.

Aziraphale was eager to start filling these barren shelves but before he did so, there was one more thing he wanted to check.

He searched for the little reading nook he had specifically asked for and was delighted to find it near a fairly big window with floor length billowing curtains. There were two layers, one that was slightly translucent and one completely opaque -- almost as if designed for Aziraphale to control how much light he wanted. There was a bench that resided right under the window that was cushioned with tartan. Blankets and pillows Aziraphale recognized from his previous homes were piled high on the edges of the bench, making a perfect little nest.

The angel grinned at it all. Sure Crowley was his imagination, but this dream-demon certainly knew how to make an angel feel at home.

He looked out the window to see that Crowley had picked the perfect spot to overlook the entire garden. Although Aziraphale was surprised to see a new addition to the yard. A little shed off to the side, barely noticeable. The angel pondered the purpose of its existence and came up empty. It was very strange.

He let the question leave his mind as he turned to his massive library he should start filling. With a wicked grin, he got to work.

He probably worked for a few hours, miracling as many books as he could remember -- which was a lot -- until he got distracted and started to reread them.

A ripple, that could only be described as 'change', echoed through the air sometime later. Aziraphale paused in his reading and looked up, something was different about the dream-land now. With a frown, he got up to investigate. Perhaps another room had been invented?

Passing by the bedroom, out of the corner of his eye he saw a figure lying on the bed.

He stumbled to a stop and whirled, "Crowley?"

The red-headed demon blinked awake and over at the angel in a bit of shock. Which was quite ridiculous since he was the one that had just appeared out of nowhere -- not the other way around. Realistically, he shouldn't be shocked at anything Aziraphale did.

"Aziraphale?!"

The angel chuckled and entered the room, enjoying the sight of Crowley's silk pajamas rumpled against his slim form. It was probably the first time he had seen the dream-demon in all-black. "About time you showed up. Where were you?"

"Ngk." Crowley got to his feet shakily, a blush on his cheeks, "Hard to explain."

"No matter then." the angel waved the comment away, "You're here now and I am quite impressed with the library. You did a fantastic job my dear."

The dream-demon made some indescribable noise and nodded, "You like it?" he squeaked out.

"It's absolutely perfect. Come," he gestured for the dream-demon to follow as he left the room, "let's have tea before I wake up."

Crowley followed after a moment, dressing himself in dark pants that flowed a bit as he walked and a cream colored long sleeve shirt.

"I couldn't help but notice," Aziraphale started, glimpsing at the shiny roof of the shed out the passing window. "You also built a shed. What's it for?"

"Oh," the dream-demon cleared his throat, "It's- uh... it's my place. In case you ever want the house all to yourself and I'm in the way. There's- there's some rarer plants in there that don't need much light, very rare and impractical, but I like to keep them. It's a nice hideaway."

Aziraphale laughed, "Don't be ridiculous dear. I don't want to ever be all alone, that's why you're here." he placed a cup of tea in front of the demon who's cheeks seemed to be permanently tinted pink, "I doubt that that shed will be getting much use whenever I'm here." he grinned and stroked Crowley's cheek gently -- just because he could. This was his dream after all, it wasn't like the demon could oppose. "You are much too fascinating to waste away in some shed."

Crowley stared up at the angel with wide serpentine eyes, mouth working but no words coming out. Aziraphale drew his hand away and settled in across from the demon to sip at his own tea.

He woke up.

"Can I sleep in dream-land?" Aziraphale mused as he flipped the page in the book he was reading, before returning his hand to the red-locks of the dream-demon in his lap.

They were cuddled up on the reading nook on another perfect day in this dream world. Crowley looked to be about to doze off and Aziraphale was curious of what would happen if he did the same. He was oh so comfortable.

Crowley hummed and blinked his golden eyes up to the angel, "Sleep? Here? Nah." the serpent relaxed against the angel's lap letting out a contented sigh.

"Then what does happen?" Aziraphale set his book down to the side, letting both hands cradle the demon's head and massage gently.

Crowley smiled, eyes flickering closed, "Jusst a deep relaxatsssion."

"How clever." Aziraphale returned the smile and looked out upon the garden. This was probably the happiest he'd been in a while. The last few times he'd been in dream-land Crowley had been here and waiting, and things had been oh so nice. Things he had only ever -- excuse the pun -- dreamt about were now possible with this demon in his lap.

Out in the real world Aziraphale wouldn't even try to do these things with the real Crowley. Heaven and Hell were ever vigilant in keeping an eye on their employees, it would be treason to be seen together... so intimately.

Aziraphale blushed at the thought of being this close to the real demon. This familiarity. It was impossible, he knew. Crowley out there was nothing to the demon in his head. This perfect little serpent that was oh so eager to please, so pleasant to talk to, that blushed nearly every time they touched.

"Oh, must you go already?" Crowley whined, twisting in the angels lap to hug him around the middle.

Aziraphale noticed how his own body was starting to shimmer, going transparent. "It seems so my dear."

The demon groaned and squeezed him tightly, "Back soon?"

"I'll be back before you know it."

The last thing Aziraphale felt was Crowley's arms around him as he awoke with a start.