Memory 1

Eleven years ago was the first day of the rest of their lives. As per tradition, they were currently dining at the Ritz to celebrate the night they had professed their undying love to each other. And the journey they had undertaken to just be here together.

Aziraphale smiled looking down at their entwined hands resting on the table, reminiscing on when he had given his ring to Crowley just a few years prior. It shone brightly in the ambiance of the Ritz, filling the angel with a sense of eternal love for the being beside him. It had been a wonderful decade together, he admitted glancing down at the ring on his own hand. A silver band engraved with a snake wrapped tightly around his finger. Things hadn't always been perfect, and he doubted they ever would be, but against all odds they had prevailed.

"Are you going to finish eating angel?" Crowley asked, squeezing Aziraphale's hand gently. "No rush, but I did have something planned after dinner if you ever decided to finish up," the demon grinned mischievously.

The angel shook himself out of his thoughts and smiled fondly at his husband of five years. "Oh don't tempt me dear." Aziraphale chuckled, "But of course I'm going to finish. This tiramisu is just to die for! You really should try it, love."

Crowley shook his head, golden eyes peeking at the angel for a moment over his sunglasses.. Reluctantly, Aziraphale released the demon's hand to tuck in for his dessert. As he bit in, the flavor exploded into his mouth for only a moment until the angel's thoughts drifted back to his husband - as they usually did.

Eleven years ago today, they had decided to try and develop this... relationship. Confessing their feelings was the easy part, moving past that had been all the more difficult - especially for the angel. During the first few years of their independence, it had been particularly trying and yet Crowley had always been so very patient with him. Aziraphale was still baffled by it to this day.

The issue had been giving the demon the love he deserved without regressing to his previous mindset and hurting Crowley even more. Of course the angel loved the demon back - he had told him so precisely ten years before this date - but it was so hard to show it back then. Back when he still had the influences of heaven ingrained into him making the process of giving Crowley the love he deserved nearly impossible.

In the first few years, there were times when Aziraphale purposely picked fights with Crowley, trying to get the demon angry at him. This was because Aziraphale felt a tremendous amount of guilt for his deadweight in the relationship, and had no other outlet. Crowley would try to explain to the angel that it was fine, that he didn't blame Aziraphale but heaven itself. For the demon recognized the traumas of heaven within his angel and understood it took time to heal. Aziraphale did not agree, believing there was no excuse for his behavior and that Crowley should be angry.

Thankfully, the two had worked out their differences and moved on with their immortal lives. They had gotten married, moved in together in a nice little cottage of the South Downs. Occasionally, they checked on their mortal friends from the apocalypse down in Tadfield. Things were perfect.

And perfect things never lasted, they soon found out.

Crowley stiffened next to the angel and Aziraphale immediately noticed. He paused in his chewing, raising an eyebrow to the demon.

"What are they doing here?" the demon hissed angrily, grabbing onto the angel's hand and pulling him up to stand. Aziraphale grunted in surprise, fork clattering down to the table.

"Who's here, love?" Aziraphale asked reluctantly following his husband's lead. The tiramisu had looked very appealing and he had only taken a single bite.

Crowley tugged Aziraphale off to the side, "Them." he pointed to the archangel and prince of hell a few feet away. The sight of his former boss made Aziraphale sick to his stomach. They had such a wonderful decade of peace and bliss only for it to be ruined by some violet eyes in a suit.