Lovely Part 2

1650

Getting the angel to agree to the arrangement was easier than Crowley expected. It was a great relief to him that they both agreed to keep seeing eachother. Aziraphale would still fall in love with hopeless humans along the way and Crowley tried his best to stay out of it. They were both men and women and always were the best of people that Crowley could understand the appeal. No matter how hard he tried, he could never find anything that gave him a reason to hate these people. He really wanted to. But in reality he was just jealous that what they got so easily was forbidden to him.

Aziraphale didn't really look at him the same after the whole praying encounter, and Crowley didn't know how to take that. The angel started out being fragile with and him and that was just unacceptable. Crowley was a demon of hell! He didn't need this kind of pity in his life. In retaliation, he did a few borderline evil temptations and deeds that seemed to get the angel back to his normal self. Other than that, the past few centuries had been better for Crowley. He had grown accustomed to the angel falling in love with someone every few lifetimes or so.

Crowley still had the box with the wedding invitation in it. Also, inside was a note written on a napkin of Aziraphale thanking him for the fabulous dinner he paid for with Claudius. The angel sent him memento's of his love's and Crowley didn't have the heart to throw something out that represented what Aziraphale loved.

On his worst nights, he would open the box and lay the contents out and try to find a pattern or tips on why the angel fell in love with each person. The contents would grow every century or so. Currently there was the wedding invitation, napkin, a drawing of a fern, and a poem. These represented Aziraphale's loves.

"Oh my dear he's absolutely wonderful. His mind is brilliant and he's so sharp." the angel chatted as the pair were on their way to a new restaurant Crowley had heard of, "You have to meet him!"

"I don't do to well with poets." the demon grumbled.

Aziraphale frowned disapprovingly, "Please, just give him a try my dear. I think you will really like him. Oh look!" The angel's eyes blew wide as they rounded a corner on a bookshop window, "That's his newest book. Let's go inside." Aziraphale nearly squealed with excitement and dragged the demon into the shop.

Crowley looked around and made a face of disgust, he had tried to get into the habit of reading books since he knew it was what the angel liked but it never stuck. His serpentine eyes were not made for reading the tiny words. He physically could do it and often pushed himself to get through a book that Aziraphale was gushing about to see what the hype was but he ended up just getting a headache and his eyes hurting for days afterwards.

Aziraphale breathed in the smell of the books and grinned from ear to ear, Crowley caught his breath at the sight. He loved these small moments when the angel was so unbelievably happy, it made everything he suffered worth it. The demon was thankful for the glasses so he wouldn't be caught staring.

"Look here." Aziraphale said picking up a book with his delicately manicured fingers. Holding it like it was the most beautiful object in the universe.

Crowley felt jealously blossom in his chest but he leaned over and analyzed the cover, "Pretty." he muttered monotone.

"Oh you should see the poems inside." the angel gushed flipping through it, "I helped write one of these. It should be right... here!" landing on a page and lifting it up for the demon to see.

Crowley tried to read it he got about past the title and first stanza before he felt like he was going to suffocate at the sweetness of it all. Instead he just memorized the title and page number to come back to later.