A Child 9

The three finally moved back to their home in the South Downs a few weeks after the antichrist was delivered. Aziraphale and Crowley worked out a plan for how they were going to deal with the entire situation. First thing first was taking care of Apopis.

Whatever this child was that showed up in Crowley's apartment nearly a year ago - with her changing colored wings and such - she wasn't human. Therefore, she wasn't aging like one. She was growing at an exponential rate and the two 'guardians' had estimated that in five years time she would be fully functional in today's society. She would probably be about a teenager at the time (by human looks) and probably even want to leave the nest herself.

Of course Crowley was adamant about not pushing her out until she was ready, but he did have an obligation to Hell who wanted yearly reports on the antichrist. Hence came the plan to use the Arrangement once again.

Crowley kept track of the antichrist and the place of living, he worked out a deal with Aziraphale so that one of them would be on the property at almost all times while the other was with Apopis. That way he could fill out Hell's reports and take care of Apopis without overworking himself.

Aziraphale agreed to the plan, though was still dubious on the whole Apocalypse actually occurring. The angel's only motivation at the moment seemed to be Apopis.

"We should take her to the beach." Aziraphale mentioned nearly as soon as they had settled back into their home.

"bich!" Poppy hollered as she raced around the house with her wings out. Crowley grinned at how close it was to an actual curse word.

Aziraphale sighed resignedly. "What do you think?" he asked the demon who was sitting across from him, just getting back from yelling at the plants around the house.

Crowley shrugged and sunk back into the chair, "She hasn't gotten a hold on her wings yet, she would have to be in a harness the entire time and that's no fun."

The angel frowned, "Well we could... I mean..." he sighed, "We could miracle everyone away, can't we?"

The demon raised an eyebrow and lowered his glasses to the tip of his nose, "What's gotten into you all of a sudden?"

"Well," Aziraphale fidgeted nervously, "We can't keep her locked up forever. She needs to see the world... you know, before it all ends."

Crowley rolled his eyes, "If we do everything right, there will still be a world she can explore."

"But if we don't?" the angel played with his ring on the pinky finger, hesitating for a moment, "Also it's been a year. Humans tend to celebrate life every year, don't they?"

The demon sighed and nodded, "She's not human though."

Apopis raced into the room, her black wings spread proudly. She was holding a miniature plant that Crowley had gifted her a month ago, "betta, betta, betta." she hummed, handing it over to the demon with an expectant smile.

Aziraphale frowned, noticing not for the first time that she was mimicking the demon's habit of yelling at his plants.

"Looks wonderful love." Crowley said inspecting the plant with feigned intensity, "You're doing very well with that one."

Poppy grinned and snatched the plant back to return it to her room.

"I keep telling you to stop doing that, she's going to learn to terrorize the poor thing," the angel pouted. "It's bad enough having the orchid shivering every time you pass by my office, dear. It really is quite disconcerting."

The demon shrugged, "How else are they going to learn?"

Aziraphale just glanced warily over at the plants in the garden through the window. "I'm just saying..." he trailed off.