A Child 5

The wind was brisk on the remote cliff side the two had agreed on. Aziraphale had arrived first, scouting the place out, placing wards to assure no humans would see them. The breeze was biting and the angel had to squint as he awaited the Bentley.

When the car did arrive, something was off. Nothing bad but something was different and he didn't think it was Apopis this time. Crowley stepped out of the car, moving to the passenger side to haul Poppy onto his hip. Aziraphale tried to identify what he thought was different.

"It's chilly up here angel." Crowley grumbled, approaching with a squealing Apopis in his arms. She made grabby motions towards Aziraphale and the demon dutifully handed her over. Aziraphale took her graciously, cooing his hello's before turning back to study the demon. Ah, that's what it was.

"New corporation?" Aziraphale asked, brushing the child's unruly hair out of her face. Crowley's clothes hadn't changed drastically, but his shirt was a more feminine cut and he had slightly more curves than straight lines. The demon's fiery hair was a bit longer than it was when he had last seen him and had more curls to it, resting just above his shoulders.

"Eh, just changed genders, nothing fancy." Crowley shrugged, stepping around double checking the wards were active.

"Female then?"

The demon nodded shortly, finishing her inspection and returning to the pair. "How do we start?"

Aziraphale bit his lip, unsure. He didn't think this far really. If they just tossed Apopis up, would she get it? Would they have to conjure up their own wings and show her how to fly? He didn't know.

Crowley read the conflict in the angel's eyes easily and rolled her own behind her shades. "Set her down, maybe we can show her how the wind catches the wings. She's basically flying already."

Aziraphale quickly placed her on the rocky ground between them, kneeling down in front of her. He started talking to her, "Listen up love, we're going to teach you how to fly today. You think you can do that for us?" He cooed as Crowley squatted next to him, eyebrow quirked and frowning. Apopis looked up at the pair with big blue eyes, "You know those big appendages on your back my dear? They were black and now they're white? Those are wings. They help you fly-"

"She's not understanding a word you're saying." Crowley grumbled, moving to the side of the child.

Aziraphale huffed, "It's worth a try. I hate to lead her into this blind."

"She'll love it. She's a little dare devil, she is." The demon grinned at Apopis who babbled excitedly back.

The angel rolled his eyes and moved to the other side of her. "What do we do? Just hold them out?"

Crowley shrugged, reaching for one pure white wing. Apopis cooed curiously, looking in wonder as the two pulled her wings to the respective sides of her. Her new feathers glistened in the light and began to flutter as the wind picked up again. They positioned them in a way that was ideal for flight. Giggles filled the air as her wings caught a gust and she started to feel weightless.

"Do we really want her to take off right now?" Aziraphale asked, hoping his voice carried over to Crowley.

The demon hesitated in responding and frowned, "Best not yet. Maybe she can do it on her own if we let go, but I don't want her to go soaring off to who knows where."

"I'm afraid that's not really in our control." the angel grimaced, "We'll just have to be prepared to chase after her then."

Crowley nodded grimly, "On three. One, two, three!"

The two beings were stressed for nothing. Apopis lifted just slightly, eyes widening in surprise at the new freedom and then the wind died down and she settled back down on the ground where she had started. Silence rested over the trio before she burst into laughter, clapping excitedly.