Lovely Part 1

*Trigger Warning: mentions of rape in the last section of this part*

The first time a human fell in love with Aziraphale, Crowley laughed.

He wasn't surprised. Aziraphale had that sort of magnetic energy that was what attracted the serpent to him in the first place. He had a dazzling smile and bright eyes and was so willing to expose his joy to the world. It was no doubt someone was going to fall for him. Lord knows Crowley had.

As expected, Aziraphale kindly brushed off the cries of devotion of the humans that fell for him. He tried to break the news as nicely as possible. Sometimes Crowley was there drinking with the angel in a bar when this happened. He would grin into his drink as the poor angel rehearsed his lines of dismissing the human with love. Crowley foolishly thought that the angel would continue this act until the end of time; but even angels were bound to give into temptation at some point.

The first time Aziraphale fell in love with a human, Crowley cried.

He had just entered a bar and noticed the angel straight away, Aziraphale didn't notice him. He smirked, ordering a drink before approaching. The angel was in conversation with a woman, and when the demon was within hearing range he stopped dead in his tracks.

"You talk as if you know the guy." The woman giggled sipping her drink.

Aziraphale's cheeks grew pink, "Maybe I did." He shrugged, causing the girl to laugh.

Crowley did a double take, reassessing the situation. This woman had long dark hair with bright copper eyes that seemed to devour the angel whole. She was wearing tasteful clothes for this day of age, by Crowley's standards, and was leaning flirtatiously towards the angel. And Aziraphale was doing nothing about it! People had done less and still warranted the angel's perfected speech of rejection, why was this any different? Crowley searched the angel's eyes who was looking at her like she was the most exquisite thing in the universe.

"How about we take this little chat down to the library so you can show me which exact books you got that information from." She grinned, getting up to leave.

"You think I'm lying?" Aziraphale smirked standing as well.

The girl just shrugged, "Oh hun, I have read nearly every single book in that place and no where does it say..." the sound of the bar drowned her out leaving Crowley pale and shivering, watching his only friend follow after the woman. He didn't even realize he was crying until the bartender came over to check on him. He brushed him off and went to sit to drink his sorrows away.

He didn't even know why he was so upset over this. He knew nothing was going to happen between him and the angel, that was made abundantly clear. Aziraphale was very vocal on his perspective on demons. He thought that the angel wasn't going to fall in love with anyone; were humans all that different from demons?

Crowley at least thought that if Aziraphale was to fall to anyone's temptation it would have been him. Not some female human that the angel had just met. It hurt in a way that he had only felt once before, a long long time ago.

50AD

The next time the angel and demon met was a few years after Aziraphale's first encounter with the woman. Crowley, being the sneaky demon he is, kept tabs on the couple. They were still together after all this time and it drove Crowley mad. As soon as he had dragged himself from that bar he went around town asking about the woman at the bar to get some background information. He wanted to make sure that she was worthy to be with Aziraphale.

To his disgust she was a pretty good person. Wasn't too religious, didn't go to church regularly, which Crowley was curious on how that would go down with the angel. She was the youngest child of a modest family on the outskirts of town. To Crowley's disappointment, there was no bad rumors spread about her, she was completely pure.