Memory 5

Crowley decided to wander around the garden today, getting back down to his roots and maybe get a little bit of privacy. But... there was no such luck,

Aziraphale seemed determined to keep the demon in his sight at all times today. After being shut down earlier when Crowley asked to be taken to his home now that he knew the whole 'backstory', Aziraphale was as tense as ever. The angel was constantly fidgeting, as if Crowley was about to bolt at any second. Which he wasn't going to. He told the angel that many times throughout the day.

For instance, when Crowley wandered into the bathroom again to see the angel had a bathtub... Aziraphale was there. The demon then asked some questions about plumbing, and if the angel needed help cleaning up his mess from yesterday. Aziraphale engaged in conversation, but was mainly just hovering, eyebrows knit in concern.

When Crowley opened all the doors in the house and saw Aizraphale had a massive library in the back — that was definitely bigger on the inside — Crowley had scanned the titles and... Aziraphale was there. The demon politely asked about certain books and if these were the same tomes from his bookshop all those years ago. A fond smile appeared on the angel's face and they talked for a bit before the conversation was lulled to silence.

When Crowley had curled up in a little patch of sunlight on the carpet for a quick snooze only to awaken to Aziraphale staring at him over the pages of a book. Crowley sighed. So that's how it was going to be then.

So garden it was. When Aziraphale followed him out to the garden, Crowley tried his best to ignore him. The plot of land the angel owned was pretty decently sized and the vegetation here was very well taken care of. It reminded him a little of Eden, how perfect everything was. There was even an apple tree sapling in the corner somewhere, Crowley spied. He smirked a little at that — it was a little on the nose even for the angel — and turned to look at the ivy draped over the wall that enclosed the yard.

He traced each leaf admiringly and followed it, Aziraphale trailing behind him as to keep the demon within his sights. As he walked there was a large object obscured by shrubbery that made the demon stop. Was that a statue?

Moving a little closer, he realized that it was. It was an eagle shaped statue that made his mind reel with deja vu. Why was this important?

Aziraphale stepped up beside Crowley to stand with him while looking at the statue.

"What is it?" Crowley asked, almost afraid to touch the giant stone bird. He gave up trying to ignore Aziraphale. It was going to be no fun exploring a garden if a principality was just going to hover over his shoulder the entire time.

The angel sighed and fidgeted his hands in front of his waist coat, "From a church back in 1941, it got blown up in the Blitz."

From the way Aziraphale was talking, Crowley knew he was leaving something out. Also, he didn't know what the 'blitz' was but it didn't sound pleasant. But he knew better than to press the poor angel for answers. If Aziraphale didn't want to tell him something... fine.

The demon hummed in response and turned, moving back towards the house. Maybe he could get some solace from the angel's watchful gaze inside. In the kitchen maybe? He hadn't explored much in there today and there were all those funky contraptions he could investigate.

"Wait, Crowley." Aziraphale followed, picking his way clumsily throughout the garden.

Crowley paused under a particularly sprucy looking pear tree. Turning to look over his shoulder as the blushing angel hurried to catch up.

"None of this... bothers you?" Aziraphale asked, looking at the demon with concern clear in his eyes. "Everything I told you yesterday? You're okay?"