Part-14

Naruto's clone was face to face with the strongest rogue ninja had Konoha had in this time.

'Shit! I never thought I would have to meet Uchiha Itachi of all people!' The clone thought as he diverted his eyes from the Sharingan to Itachi's forehead. He carefully kept his face blank of any emotions.

"To think this boy contains the Kyuubi....." Came a voice from beside Itachi, as a very distinct figure came into view. This man was taller than Jiraiya, and he had very obvious blue skin and shark-like features, such as facial markings that resembled fish gills. He was also carrying a very large, bandaged blade. His clothing matched Itachi's- a long black cloak with red clouds on it. He was also wearing a slashed Kiri headband, making him a missing-nin.

"Naruto-kun, you're coming with us," Itachi said in a monotone as he gazed at his target. He was not expecting Naruto to look like this at all. No, he wasn't talking about how he was gazing at a literal, carbon copy of the Yondaime. He was talking about Naruto's stature.

He was expecting a genin, a twelve to thirteen-year-old. Naruto looked like he was almost fifteen and not a genin at all. Instead, Naruto's posture did not portray any fear or anxiety one might have when facing an S-rank criminal. He was smart, for he immediately averted his eyes to his forehead. The posture was straight and very carefully guarded. Itachi might have thought he was relaxed, even, if not for the barely noticeable tensing of shoulders and the subsequent clenching of fists.

'Naruto' stared hard at Itachi. "Why?"

"...Let's go outside the room," Itachi opted to say. He watched, in silent approval, as 'Naruto' carefully stepped out of the room, keeping him and Kisame in his sights. He came to stand in front of them, keeping his feet slightly apart, and hands at his sides. 'Naruto' had no intention of running, for Prime should be here any moment now. His job was only to distract. So he began talking.

"Why do I have the honour of meeting Uchiha Itachi and a former member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist?"

If Itachi was shocked, he didn't show it, because he was damn good at hiding his emotions. People found blank walls easier to read instead of him. Kisame, however, grinned.

"A smart one, aren't you?"

'Naruto' just folded his hands across his chest and gave the shark man a dry look, "I don't need to be smart to label you as one of the Seven Swordsmen. Your giant sword gives it away, not to mention the slashed headband."

Kisame turned to Itachi, "Itachi-san, it would be a bother to us if this kid keeps moving around. Perhaps I should chop off his legs?"

"I dare you to try."

Kisame chuckled and slowly moved forward, clutching the handle of his sword. "Your bravado is amusing, but you must be a fool if you think you can stand and win against me."

Itachi watched as Kisame closed onto Naruto. Something was wrong here, he thought. Naruto looked like he won't be making a move anytime soon. He was relaxed, too relaxed...

"Move Kisame!" The command was spoken softly, but it still carried power and urgency. Kisame heard it and barely moved in time, for 'Naruto' glowed and exploded with a bang, blasting the walls and any area near him.

Meanwhile, Naruto heard the bang and smirked from his position outside the window of the corridor. The explosion was something he hadn't taken into account, but it wasn't a bad thing either. The clone's job was only to distract the newcomers, but this works as well. A good thing the entire floor was empty. 

Itachi and Kisame stared at the spot where the clone used to be. "Exploding Kage Bunshin," Itachi whispered in the slightest wonder. It looks like Naruto was smarter than he previously thought, and very perceptive too. He had known the danger of them and had a shadow clone answer in his place. They had been talking to a shadow clone all this time.