Part-38

Sasuke, Suigetsu, Karin and Juugo stopped walking through the forest, Sasuke turned to each of them. "Let's split up, report back if you find anything," Sasuke said.

"Heh, let's rock," Suigetsu said as he began moving one way.

Juugo looked down the opposite path and decided to go that way.

Karin pumped her fist as the other two left, now was her chance to be alone with Sasuke. She cuddled up to Sasuke's side and gave him a seductive smile and wink, "Oh, Sasuke-kun, I've wanted to be alone with you for so long."

Sasuke just looked at her like she was a minor irritant, "Get moving," he commanded.

Karin 'hmphed' as she walked away, not caring about the direction she was going in.

Sasuke turned his head to look around as Karin left, thoughts of finding Itachi and killing him filling the avenger's mind.

"Who the hell are you?" a man in ninja garb with no affiliated hitai-ate asked.

Suigetsu smirked as he walked down, "Now that Sasuke's not here I get to have some fun." Quicker than the man could react, Suigetsu pulled off his sword and cleaved his head off. Grinning he opened the door and looked in, making sure there were no traps. He began walking in when all he saw were two men, one sitting on the couch and the other standing a little ways away.

"Who the hell're y-"

The scarred man did not get the chance to finish his sentence, as Suigetsu put his head in the hole at the end of Kubikiri Honcho. Pushing himself off, Suigetsu listened in satisfaction as the man hit his head on the inside of the sword. Suigetsu only stopped moving when he held the carved out section of his blade near the other man's head. Suigetsu grinned as he looked at the man who had dropped his cigarette and looked ready to shit himself.

"You work for Akatsuki's Kakazu as a banker and accountant right?" Suigetsu asked with a shark-like grin.

The man gulped, "I-I'll talk..." he said, "please...spare me..."

Suigetsu's grin widened, "Atta boy, keep talkin'."

Juugo frowned as he walked around, he wasn't exactly sure how to go about searching for Sasuke's brother, having never met the man himself. Raising a hand a small bird flew down and landed on his finger, "I suppose I'll start by asking you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had soon split up as they began to search for either Itachi or Sasuke. Each ninja and their dog partners took a different direction; some went into the forest while others travelled around the town. Tsuki was walking through the town as she began her search.

She kept turning her head as she looked around the town, Tsuki wasn't really sure what she would find or even how she would find whatever she was looking for. She wasn't a tracker ninja and didn't have any particular talent when it came to searching for others. Still, she had her orders and would follow them, even if she didn't think it would be of much use.

As she kept walking one of the nin-dogs she was with stopped and began sniffing the ground. Tsuki only noticed this when she was several feet away and looked down to realize the dog had stopped walking. She turned back around and looked at it, "What is it?"

"It's faint," the dog sniffed some more before turning to look at the Raven-haired girl. "Very faint, but I was able to pick up some of Sasuke Uchiha's scent." The words caused Tsuki's eyes to widen in surprise, she had only been at this for a few minutes but she had already caught Sasuke's trail.