Part-37

It was early in the morning and Naruto was in front of Jiraya who was looking at him with an annoyed look "ok brat what is so important that you stopped me from doing my research?"

"Come on old man let's talk while walking," Naruto said causing jiraya to sign and nod then he remembered something "Hey brat you know your birthday is coming this week," He said with a grin, Naruto looked at him and sighed "Yeah and I am gonna be busy that day because of something and I wanted to talk to you about it," Naruto said causing Jiraya to look at him in confusion.

Soon Naruto and Jiraya were walking down the street away from the academy, and towards the market side of Konoha. "So what is this about?" The teacher questioned.

"Sensie...I'm going to ask Tsuki to marry me. I know I'm only gonna be eighteen this week, but I'm sure of it. I love her dearly and don't want to be with anyone else. I know how quickly a shinobi's life can end, and I don't wanna have regrets." Naruto said with a huge grin.

"If you're sure, then I think you should go through with it. But you seem dead set on this, so I have to ask. What do you need me for?" Jiraya asked with a smile while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, it's a little off, but I need help finding the ring. I don't want to go alone, and you're my only family." He said with a smile at his teacher.

Jiraya looked almost shocked for a moment before smiling lightly at the blond. This child, that had grown into an amazing young man, and an incredible ninja, was very much like a son to the older shinobi. Jiraya was so very happy that he had convinced the Third Hokage to teach Naruto. "Minato, Kushina, sensie... if you could see him now."

They stumbled around some shops chatting and browsing. The two had a fun time looking for something they thought Tsuki would like. Eventually, a ring caught Naruto's eye. When he showed his mentor, he agreed as well, and now, Naruto was one step closer to having his very own family. "Thank you so much for helping me with this Jiraya-Sensei. You don't know how much it means to me."

"No problem brat you don't know ow how proud I am feeling right now," Jiraya said, the boy he had raised from when he was 5 years old was about to get married he remembered when minato proposed to kushina when he became eighteen aswell "Like father like son," he thought with a smirk.

"Let's grab some ramen sensei. I'll pay, but after, I gotta go try and figure out how I'm gonna propose to her." The blond said with a grin.

Jiraya chuckled before responding, "We can brainstorm at the shop." As he finished, his face split with a grin of his own.

"Right!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been 3 months since Naruto had defeated Sato and Tsunade had accepted kai's proposal of an alliance, Konoha would provide the sky country with their huge resources to develop their economy and sky country in return would provide Konoha with their advanced technology, things were looking up for both the villages.

Naruto and Shikamaru were lying down and watching clouds "Are you sure about this you still are young?" Shikamaru said to his best friend "Yeah, what about you how are things between you and Temari?" Naruto said with a grin causing Shikamaru to sigh "You know you are a real pain in the ass, things are good and I was thinking of the same thing but I will wait at least a year before I do ask her to marry me". 

"Well that's your call man, you know Kiba and Hinata are close to each other, do you know why?" Naruto was confused but at the same time he had an idea of what was going on, Shikamaru looked at him and smirked "Hn. You someone who is master of observing things around him can't figure out what is going on between them?" Naruto eyes started to twitch "Look I just want to confirm ok I have an idea that they are dating," Naruto said causing Shikamaru to chuckle.