Part-15

Naruto and his clones were working on the Rasengan and he had already mastered the jutsu in 1 day after he made the bet with Tsunade and now his clones were working on forming the Rasengan quicker.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Jiraiya walked on, into the heart of the town where he happened upon a little bar, and on a stool sat Tsunade. He moved next to her, sitting down and ordering some sake.

"Nice night, isn't it?" Jiraiya prompted some conversation from the women who seemed content to just ignore him.

"Hm," Tsunade mumbled. "Say, Jiraiya . . . what really made you go and seek out Naruto? I thought you were content behind the scenes with him?"

Jiraiya drank from a cup, "Not exactly. You see, I met him when he was young, for he was trying to live a normal life...." Jiraiya recounted the tale of when he met his godson for the first time. After the tale was finished, Tsunade hummed in realization.

"So you're doing it because he guilt-tripped you?"

Jiraiya shook his head, "No...well, partially. I failed with my duty as his godfather before, this was the best chance I would ever get to make it up to him. I wasn't about to just let it go. Minato trusted me with his legacy."

"And your fool of a student just left him without so much as a by your leave," Tsunade grunted.

"No . . . he did say to treat the boy as a hero." Jiraiya defended.

Tsunade dismissively waved a hand and scoffed, "Just empty words!"

"Quite enraged on his behalf aren't you?" Jiraiya teased.

"Well . . . his mother and I were friends,   and she trusted me to take care of him in case she was not there he's family," Tsunade mumbled out.

"Family, right. Certainly looks like family." Jiraiya agreed.

Tsunade glared at Jiraiya. She knew where he was going with that look comment. "Oh yes, I did in fact notice quite the resemblance between him and Nawaki, you manipulative asshole."

"Guilty as charged." Jiraiya allowed. "Blasts from the past all around this week, huh?"

"Hmph, seems you and Orochimaru are just gunning for my weak spots. The bastard actually had his lackey cut open his hand and I froze." Tsunade grumbled.

"Still got that fear, huh? Too bad . . . take it as an omen for whatever Orochimaru has offered you." Jiraiya recommended.

"How do you know he offered me anything?" Tsunade demanded with an affronted expression. Jiraiya couldn't possibly know what was going through her mind now! She knew Orochimaru was a bastard . . . but when he offered to bring back Dan and Nawaki, even she had to stumble a little.

"Hime, whatever it was, it is serious enough for you to give it thought like this. Otherwise, you wouldn't be sticking around, right?" Jiraiya guessed. Though Tsunade gave no appearance of it, just returned to nursing her sake, he knew very well.

"It's none of my business, it might be true." Jiraiya went on, "but I just want to make one thing clear. If you betray Konoha, I'll kill you myself." He pinned her with a dark look, intent clear in his eyes, and Tsunade knew he wasn't joking.

Jiraiya went back to drinking, not noticing that Tsunade had discreetly slipped a drug into his drink.

________________________________________________________________________________