Costume

Angst/fluff 🥀⛈☁️

Top: Jungkook
Bottom: Taehyung

Requested by: @LazedNote_tk

————
"It's just a costume, Jungkook!"
————

As if working in a maid outfit was embarrassing enough, his bully had to show up at the cafe he's working at?

And it's his table that he has to serve?

"I should just jump off a bridge now," he mumbles under his breath, sighing and thinking about the torment he would get at school for this. But all the anxiety aside, he still has a job he has to do. Money to make.

He plasters on a fake smile, and you can definitely tell it's not real. It looks like he got plastic surgery to make his lips go wider than they usually do, eyes wider and jaw clenched.

"Hi, welcome to the Moon Cafe! My name is Taehyung and I'll be your server today. Our special today is a caramel vanilla iced latte with extra foam. We also have other drinks, what would you like?" He finishes his intro with another fake smile as he grips his notepad tight.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook asks, eyes wide in both shock and amusement.

He sighs, dropping the fake smile and making eye contact with his bully, "yes, Jungkook?"

"Oh, this is so rich!" He exclaims. Taehyung groans internally, gripping his notepad tight again and clearing his throat.

"What would you like?" His tone is sharp and full of fake happiness, jaw clenched when he asks.

"I would like- Jesus this is so funny- okay I would like today's drink special along with a piece of strawberry cake,"

"I'll have that back out for you in a few minutes, thank you!" He says, walking away quickly to the back. He finally groans out loud when the kitchen door slams shut.

"What's wrong?" His manager, Seokjin asks.

"Just one of the people from my high school, nothing to worry about," he says, but his body language says differently.

"Do you need me to chase him out?"

"No, I'll just serve him and he'll be on his way," he replies, "one drink special and one slice of strawberry cake please."

"Here you go, Tae. Just let me know if I need to do anything,"

"Thanks Jin," he smiles genuinely this time, although it's a weak one.

"Here we are! Would you like anything else?"

"Nope, thanks Tae-baby," he teases about the name on his name tag. It's part of the cafe to have pet names for costumers to call you.

"Shut up," he hisses with a hushed tone. He walks away back to the kitchen and stays there until he eats all his food then leaves.

He goes back out with a tray to put the dirty dishes in, cleaning up everything until he sees a note on a napkin.

"You were very pretty, Tae-baby. Who knew you would look so good in a skirt. I won't tell anyone, promise. ;)"

Taehyung's heart slightly pounds at the note he got. Yes he gets plenty of notes from working in this cafe, but did he mention he has a crush on Jungkook?

Yes, he knows, a crush on his bully is cliche and stupid. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

And it really wants Jungkook.

"Too bad he's just teasing," he thinks in his head, shutting the hope in his heart down. It stops pounding so much, and he continues about his shift with a fake smile.

The next day at school wasn't filled with the torment he was expecting. It was just torment from Jungkook.

"I can't believe you work as a maid at a cafe," he laughs.

"It's just a costume, Jungkook!"

"A fucking hot one," he mumbles, grabbing his hand and leading him into a janitor's closet.

"You don't know how bad I wanted to fuck you right there when I saw you in it,"

"J-Jungkook," he pants, cupping his cheek.

"Just let me kiss you," he growls, smashing his lips onto his.

Taehyung wakes up, sheets scattered across his body and foot of the bed. He thinks back to what happened while he was asleep.

"What a weird fucking dream," he mumbles to himself, rubbing his head and going to the bathroom. He does his business and brushes his teeth, then heads downstairs to find his boyfriend of two years.

"I had the craziest dream and you were in it, love," he says while getting a cup of coffee.

"Tell it," Jungkook replies, curious to know why his boyfriend looks rattled from this particular dream.

Taehyung goes on to tell him about the dream he had.

"Well I'm more concerned about why dream you didn't bully me for being there," he says after.

"That's what I was thinking," he exclaims, "this is why you're my boyfriend."

Jungkook chuckles, kissing him on the lips and continuing to eat his cereal.

"You were mean as fuck, bro," Taehyung laughs after a couple moments.

"I know! And then I just kissed you? Dream me is on a different planet," he replies, laughing with him.

"Well I was too! You were my bully and I had a major crush on you. Weird." He states.

The two spend the next few hours ranting about their different dreams and talking about the same one they've been talking about.

Uh this one isn't as good as I thought it was gonna be when I started it. But I hope you enjoyed anyway
And hey, double update 😏, this never happens
Thank you to the person who requested!
Stay safe ily guys
- Lin