Ex

Angst/Fluff 🥀⛈☁️

Taehyung: emotionally the bottom, boyfriend
Jungkook: emotionally the top, boyfriend

This will have a happy ending pls don't stress

Requested by: @TINYTANTATA
thank you for dming!! :)

————
"I- I saw you. With your ex," he sobs, wiping his tears.
————

Taehyung feels so fucking insecure. He's always felt insecure, but he swears it got 10 times worse after he saw Jungkook at a coffee shop they go to. The problem? He was hanging out with his ex.

The one that had him head over fucking heels in love. The one that made him beg for her to stay. The one that he took forever to get over.

And Jungkook always says, "well, you are better than her. I love you way more than I could ever love her,"

But is he really sure? How can he be when he was once his friend that comforted him while he was sobbing over the phone about her?

He doesn't even understand how he could have time for her. He's been so busy with his hectic schedule since he's a relatively famous idol. He hasn't spent time with him lately, so why her?

This is the third night he's gone to bed with tears in his eyes, all from the deep fear of him cheating on him. All from his thoughts telling him he will never be as good as her, despite what Jungkook tells him.

"Goodnight, baby," Jungkook softly says to him as he goes to lay down. He kisses his temple and reaches for him, trying to cuddle him but Taehyung stops him.

"What's wrong?" He sits up worryingly.

"Just... don't want to be touched tonight. I'm not in the mood," he says with a blank face, trying not to cry. Jungkook still looks concerned but he lets out a small "okay" before turning around and laying down.

He waits until he falls asleep, and then lets the tears fall. He uses his pillow to muffle his cries, and nothing can soothe his aching heart.

He just gives up on laying in bed pitifully, getting up and putting on shoes. He doesn't even care which ones, just grabbing his car keys and going. He drives around, not really having a destination in mind until an idea comes up.

He's going to go to the beach.

Jungkook wakes up not long after Taehyung sets out on his car ride. He rubs his tired eyes, sitting up and turning towards the side his boyfriend ususally sleeps on.

"Hm?" He lets out a confusing hum when he feels it empty and cold, letting him know he hasn't been there for a while.

At first he thinks he's in the bathroom, or downstairs getting something, but when he gets up and checks he discovers he's gone.

He's immediately worried, calling his good friend and also bodyguard Seokjin, who picks up even though it's late at night. He searches while he's on the phone and sees Taehyung's keys are missing. He agrees to help look for him and hangs up before grabbing his own keys and going.

Jungkook and Seokjin both drive around, sometimes splitting up but mostly following each other to the next location they're checking.

"Hyung, I found him," Jungkook tells him over the phone after the next time they split up.

"Do you need me to come there?"

"You can go home now, hyung. Thank you so much for helping me look,"

"It's no problem," they bid goodbye and Jungkook gets out of the car, heading over to his boyfriend.

"Tae? Love?" He softly calls out. He doesn't say anything, keeping his head turned away.

"Come on, Tae. Lets go get in our cars and go home. It's late and windy. Aren't you cold?"

"I- I don't want to go with you,"

"Why not? It's late, hon. We should go," He says, reaching don to gently pull his arm to lift him up.

"No!" He yells, yanking his arm away from his touch. Jungkook takes a step back, stunned at the sudden outburst.

"Baby," he says lowly and cautiously, walking back towards him even though it pretty obvious he wanted to be left alone, "what's going on? why are you here so late at night? it's freezing out."

It takes a while for him to respond, gathering courage to say what he needs to.

"I- I saw you. With your ex," he sobs, wiping his tears. Jungkook is confused at first, wracking his brain to think of when he saw her last, then remembering quickly.

"Oh," he lets out. He understands why he was so upset, a situation that could've easily been misinterpreted and misunderstood. Which is was.

"It really wasn't what it seemed like, hon. She came inside as I was ordering something and we sat down to chat since it had been a while. She was with her husband, she's married. And I told her about you, and how amazing you are and how grateful I am to have found you. We both were happy we found people that we found partners that were better for us and we told each other that. That was it,"

A sense of relief washed over the other, chuckling dryly and leaning his head back. He wipes his tears, sniffling again.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that," he mumbles.

"I should've brought it up after it happened, but it slipped my mind. I swear I have never thought about going back to her, let alone leaving you for someone else. I'm sorry, Tae,"

"It's okay, kooks," he says, leaning into his arms when he held them out.

"I know how scared you get sometimes, love. I should be doing a better job of checking up on you,"

"It's not your fault, I should've asked about it. I just needed to clear my head so I came out here,"

"I'm glad you're okay," he tells him, holding him for a few more moments before both of them get chills, shivering slightly.

"Should we go home now?"

"Definitely. I'll meet you there,"

They both drive home, spending the rest of the night in each other's arms.

Finished! So so sorry for the long wait, my school year is almost up and I've been focused on tests and finals lately. I've also just needed a break, so now that I've taken one, I'll try it update more often! Summer break is just around the corner for me so after maybe another break I'll be putting out more chapters. Hope you enjoyed! Thank you to @TINYTANTATA who dmed and requested!
Stay safe ily guys
Lin