Scared

Little: Taehyung. 2-4

Jungkook: Boyfriend, caregiver

Not proofread

Taehyung never ever liked being scared. Even in a bigger headspace he refused to watch a horror movie. And when Jungkook convinced him those few times, he slipped half-way through and sobbed hysterically.

Why did Jungkook think it was a good idea to scare Taehyung? He didn't even know himself. He was being extremely stupid. And he would find that out later.

Taehyung walked through the door from university and took his shoes off. The work the professors had given him was a lot. On top of the work he had to finish, he had to study for an exam and do his homework. He was really stressed, and when he walked in he expected Jungkook to ask how his day was and hug him, not silence and a dark room.

"Jungkook?" He called out. He was met with silence.

"Kookie...?" He yelled out again. This time walking around a little bit. He was then met with the dark hallway that led to the bathroom and laundry room.

"Kookie?" He yelled. His hands were shaking slightly. His heart was pounding and his body suddenly felt hot due to anxiety and more stress.

"This is some horror movie shit..." He thought. He stepped a little bit closer and gulped. Maybe he shouldn't...

But he called Jungkook's name out again and the light in the bathroom began turning on and off.

"Jungkook, if that's you I don't have time for your shit. I have work to do." Taehyung said sternly. But the lights didn't stop. Taehyung tried to swallow the lump down his throat. It didn't work.

"Babe? I'm over here!" Jungkook yelled from the bedroom doorway. Taehyung looked over and saw Jungkook.

"Sorry. I was working on a song. What's up?"

"T-the light in the bathroom is flickering and doing weird shit." Taehyung explains. Jungkook's face suddenly looks up over Taehyung's shoulder. The look on his face telling Taehyung that something was there. Jungkook pointed, breathing shakily like they were actually being filmed for a horror movie.

Taehyung slowly turned his head and right before his body turned around, someone grabbed his shoulders and screamed for a second. Of course, Taehyung screamed right after.

Laughing was heard from behind and in front of him. Jungkook was almost on his knees and Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, Jimin, and Hoseok we're behind him in a laughing fit, too.

Taehyung's bottom lip trembled. Did Jungkook plan this? This wasn't funny. He knew how scared he was of that. He started crying. Little sobs at first, then they got louder.

Taehyung felt himself slipping. The stress and the stroke they almost gave him piled up on him, making his mental age a 4.

He wailed on the floor, heaving a couple times because he was crying so hard. The laughing stopped. Everyone was silent and in shock. They expected him to laugh, not cry. Jungkook felt so guilty. It was his idea, after all.

He crouched down to Taehyung and hugged him.

"No, baby, no. Don't cry it's ok,"

Taehyung pushes him away.

"Chu! It was chu who tought it would be a gud ting to scawe mwe!" Taehyung yelled through tears. Jungkook was shocked, so were the other members.

"Y-yes, it was baby, but daddy didn't mean it. He just wanted Tae to laugh,"

"I didn' waugh! I's hated it! Chu know I's hate that! I's hate chu!" Taehyung yelled, his voice cracking because of the tears and raspiness.

Little Taehyung tended to get worked up a lot. He wasn't the type to get angry, but sad and upset.

"Guys I'll text you later. I have to calm him down,"

Everyone nodded, understanding. They went out the door after saying bye and wishing him luck just in case he needed it.

"Daddy didn't mean to, Tae. He's really sorry and really hopes he can make it up to you." Jungkook said. Taehyung was still a sobbing mess, wiping away frantic tears with his fist.

Jungkook went for a hug again. This time, Taehyung hugged back. He really needed one after all the stuff that went down. Jungkook rocked him and shushed him gently, kissing his head and petting his hair every now and then.

"Tae doesn' hwate daddy. Tae was jus' sad." He said, sounding a little younger than he did last time he talked.

"Daddy knows, baby. He knows you were upset,"

"He no mad?"

"Daddy's not mad, hon. Not at all," Jungkook said. Taehyung nodded and buried his head in Jungkook's chest, inhaling his scent. The tears got less and less frequent, eventually leading up to Taehyung occasionally hiccuping.

"Tae tiwed,"

"Does Tae want a nappy?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded, a little pout visible on his red and puffy face.

Jungkook kisses his cheek and sat him on his hip. He carried him to their room and changed him into a nappy and a onesie. He carried him out to the living room and sat him down.

"I'll be right back with a bottle, hon. Just stay on the couch until daddy gets back, ok?"

"Ba ba?" Taehyung asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Yes, bub. A ba ba. Daddy's gonna get you a ba ba." Jungkook smiled when he saw Taehyung clap and smile.

He was quick to heat up the milk and give it to Taehyung after checking the temperature on his wrist.

Taehyung sucked on the bottle eagerly and drank the milk until it was gone.

"You done, baby?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded and handed Jungkook the bottle. He set it in the sink. He could do dishes later.

Taehyung spotted Jungkook walking closer and waved his hand trying to get the caregiver's attention.

"What's up, bun?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung pointed to his mouth and said, "bi" (said like bee).

"Ohhh. You want your paci?" Jungkook said. Taehyung nodded. Taehyung got the pastel blue pacifier from Jungkook and sucked on it. Jungkook smiles at the boy who was on the couch laying down. The pace of him sucking on the pacifier slowed. His eyes drooped a little bit and his body went a little more limp.

"Are you tired, prince?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded. Jungkook picked him up and carried him to bed. Jungkook shot a quick text to the boys saying everything was fine before crawling in under the covers with Taehyung, snuggling with him and falling asleep.