Bike

Angst/Fluff/Littlespace ⛈🥀☁️🍼

Taehyung: little, ages 2-4
Jungkook: caregiver, boyfriend

Requested by: @TINYTANTATA
thank you for dming!! :)

————
"It's okay, baby, I'm right here," Jungkook comforts the sobbing little.

————

WARNING: mentions of physical abuse, flashbacks, and blood. Skip if needed.

Jungkook is very protective of his boyfriend of two years, and a lot of people ask why.

It's because of when they first met.

Taehyung was stumbling, shaking, and covered in bloody wounds and bruises. Jungkook was working when he saw him, sitting at the desk in the old gas station. He was walking slowly towards the door. Taehyung doesn't like to talk about how Jungkook and him first met, but he always thought he was trying to get help.

He collapsed on the cement, making him panic and run outside. He called 119, and they were both rushed to the hospital. Jungkook rode with the ambulance so he could watch over the male. He had a few broken bones and wounds that needed stitches, and because he wasn't related to him, he had to wait a long time before he could see him.

He remembers him on the hospital bed, not being able to see part of his face because of how black and blue it was. All he could think was, "who could do this to someone?"

He learned later his family did it to him and he was finally running away.

He was only 17, Jungkook had just turned 18.

It took a lot of time, but Jungkook helped him heal the best he could, and Taehyung fell for the kind stranger very quickly.

The two started dating after he was mentally and emotionally stable enough for a relationship. The pair were then 21 and 22, but because of the trauma, Taehyung dealt with it by age regressing.

They both had never heard of it, he was just triggered one day and woke up hours later with his stressed boyfriend by his side.

"We need to look up what just happened," is all he said. And after that, they were okay again. More okay than before.

Taehyung's favorite thing to do when little is go on play dates and ride bikes, he just has to be careful or else he'll fall.

"Watch where you're going, Tae!"

"I am, daddy!" He says back, carefully peddling and sticking his tongue out in concentration.

The only problem is, he wasn't careful enough. Or maybe luck just wasn't on his side. He crashed and fell.

The shock took over first, then the pain. Then the blood.

The blood reminded him of his past, what his family did to him. Everything came rushing back in waves, making him sob and cover his ears.

Jungkook rushes over, scooping him up in his arms and holding him tight.

This flashback was bad. Jungkook holding him didn't bring him back.

He could feel every little thing in this dark memory. Every sting, every burn, every scratch. He starts pulling at his hair, sobbing more and trying his hardest to calm this panic attack down.

But the memories never go away. They only fade, painfully slow and leave a sting and a scar behind.

Everything was so muffled over his pitiful sobs, he couldn't breathe from crying so hard. His chest was aching and his knee was still bleeding. The memories came back harder and harder, making him cry more.

"Baby," Jungkook helplessly says, holding him tighter in his arms. He knows it helps. He closes his eyes and holds his baby boy, rocking him to try to coax him out of his flashbacks, "I'm right here. No one can hurt you anymore, love. You're completely safe. The people who hurt you are locked up. You're safe now. Take a deep breath, this is just a bad memory. These aren't real."

He can feel Taehyung start to take a breath, whimpering and slowly uncovering his ears.

"I'm here, baby. You're okay and no one will hurt you. You're just having another flashback,"

"F-Fwashback..." he mutters out. Jungkook nods, kissing his head.

"Yes, a flashback. Just a bad memory, hon. You're safe,"

"'M safe," he hears him mutter to himself. 

"You're safe," he repeats. Taehyung slowly opens his eyes, now seeing the trees and the blue sky around them. He looks down at his now covered knee, sighing deeply and relaxing slightly in his caregiver's arms.

"Let's go inside and get you cleaned up, love," He says, lifting him up bridal style and going inside. 

He sets him down on the counter, telling him to close his eyes and hold onto his arm. He gets out hydrogen peroxide and clean gauze and band-aids, setting them down beside them.

"This medicine doesn't hurt bubs, it just feels a little tingly," he informs him, waiting for the little to nod before he applies it. Next was the dabbing it dry, and that part didn't hurt him either. Jungkook put on the Paw Patrol band-aid after he was done with everything, kissing his forehead after.

"All done," he says and smiles at him. Taehyung smiles back tiredly, feeling completely drained after what had happened. He still felt like his body wasn't really his' or like he was still the little boy getting hit.

But every time he felt like that, Jungkook, who was once just a kind stranger, was there to remind him he wasn't.

And he loves him for that.

Hope you enjoyed! Thank you for dming :) 

Stay safe ily guys

Lin