Chapter 5- Getting Ready

You're sitting at the table enjoying your toast while replaying every interaction with Bucky in your head. From meeting him that first morning to the collision that happened just 10 minutes ago.

I want to know more about him. I need to get to know him. But how?

"There she is!" The voice snaps you out of your daze as you recognize the voice. Steve!
"Hey Steve!" You say with a big grin before taking another bite of your food.
"How you liking the facility?"
"It's a bit small," you chuckle at your joke.
"Oh really?" He says shooting you a grin.
"Well I'm really liking it! Everyone is so nice and the building is beautiful."
"Beautiful building for a beautiful gal."

Is he flirting with me?

"I don't know about that one," you nervously chuckle.
"Oh com'on, just have some confidence." He pats you on the shoulder before walking away. "Also I think Tony wanted to have a party tonight but I'm not sure."
"See ya later Steve," you say grinning.

———————

"Hey Tony, what's up?" You say poking your head into the lab.
"Nothing much just finishing up this project. Also I'm having a party tonight so if you want to come hangout with all of us tonight you're welcome to."
"Ok I'll think about it."
"It would mean a lot to all of us if you did. Just give it some thought."
"Ok," you leave the lab and head back up to your room.

Will Bucky be there? What if he is. Then I should go. I'll get to learn more about him. I'll go.

"First I need an outfit." You say aloud to yourself in front of your closet.
"Bri, can I come in?"
"Yeah," You turn around and see Nat emerge from the door.
"So you going tonight?"
You bite your lip, "yeah."
"Who do you wanna impress?"
"What?!" You say startled at the question.
"There has to be someone you're into, right?"
"Nat! I'm not into anyone." You roll your eyes and turn back to your closet which was fully of clothes that Tony graciously bought. "I just need a cute dress is all."
"Well are you wanting to show skin?"
"Nat!"
"Com'on," she begins looking through your closet and pulls out a black dress. "How about this one?"
"That is so provocative." You stare intensely at the dress for a minute. "Ok let me try it on." You grab the dress and go into your bathroom laughing.

The black dress complimented your skin tone. You curl your light brown hair and throw on some makeup before admiring yourself in the mirror. The dress going low enough to show a decent amount of cleavage. An short enough to completely compliment the shape of your butt. Your curves obviously outlined.

"Bri! What's taking so long?"
"Sorry!" You open the door to reveal yourself to Nat.
"Aw.." she stares at you looking you up and down.
"So....."
"You look beautiful Bri." She says with a warm smile.
"Thanks."
"Whoever you're trying to impress tonight better take you to bed."
"Nat!"
"Okay," she says rolling her eyes. "But seriously I'm not blind. I know there's a guy."

Without anymore context she walks out the door to leave you standing alone in your room.

Is she right? Is there really a guy I like? No! I can't like Tony or Steve they're both like family to me. Bucky! No I can't like him. I don't know him well enough.