Chapter 10- The Next Day

You wake up in a big bed and turn over to see that it is the next day. Trying to remember the events of last night but struggling.

"Oh good you're awake." You quickly turn to see Bucky stood on the other side of the room.
"Bucky! I can explain."
"I told you don't stay outside long."
"I didn't!"
"Really? You didn't? Then why did I have to chase after a man who kidnapped you off the porch at 4 in the morning?!"
"I- Bucky I fell asleep. Clearly you can understand it was an accident."
"You could of been seriously hurt. You don't know what those people are capable of. You're lucky I got there when I did. Did they say anything to you?"
You burry your head into your hands. Trying to remember everything from the tent.
"They said hail hydra then injected me with something."
"I knew it. You aren't allowed to leave my sight from now on."
"No, I'm not a kid!"
"Well you can't be trusted. And who knows when they'll come back for you."
"Why would they want me?"
"It's not you they want Bri. It's me."
"Is that where you got the metal arm from?" He quickly looks down at his metal arm and then looks back at you.
"Yes. Just please be more careful you don't know what those guys are capable of."
"Fine."

————————
It's been a week since you were kidnapped. You and Bucky were able to return to the compound once everyone else returned from their mission. You're sitting on your bed scrolling through your phone when you hear a knock on your door.

"Can I come in?"
"Yeah," you see Steve emerge from behind the door.
"So I heard you had an eventful night the other night. You wanna talk about it?"
"No," you say wanting to avoid the subject.
"Is there any specific reason?" You finally break and slam your phone down.
"Why does Bucky have to be so serious and mean to me?"
"Bri he's been through some unimaginable things. The last thing he wants is for it to happen to you under his watch."
"He could still be a little more nice to me though. I mean would it kill him to smile."
"I'll talk to him Bri."
"Ok," Steve exits your room and you throw your face into a pillow.

———————
Later that night you feel embarrassed about what had happened with Steve and decided to go on the rooftop to look at the stars.

"Care if I join?" You immediately recognize the voice, Bucky.
"Sure."
"Hey I'm sorry if I've been mean to you. It's just been really stressful and now Hydra is after you."
"Why me?"
"I- I don't know."
"I think I'm gonna go inside, goodnight Bucky." Bucky quickly follows behind you into the compound. You begin walking to your room, you feel your eyes getting heavy. You go into your room and as you're closing the door you feel someone grab it.
"Bucky?" He closes the door behind him and then grabs your face. "What are you doing?"
"Shhh." Before you manage to say anything he kisses you. You feel all the tension that had been building up between you two was gone. As if all loose knots were tied. "I've wanted to do that for a while." You stare up into his eyes.
"Me too." You two stand there for an eternity before seeing something come through the wall. "Vision!" You drop your head forward onto Bucky's chest. "Have you ever heard of knocking? Or maybe even using the door."
"Apologies, I sensed a feeling happening here and came to check it out."
"Feeling?"
"I don't know, something just felt different to me. I'll leave now, out the door." He says floating towards the door then exiting.
"Well that's not the craziest thing that's happened to me all day." Bucky says chuckling while looking back to you.
"What was?" You furrow your brows in confusion.
"You kissing me back," you feel your cheeks go a bright red. "Come on I have an idea."
"What is it?" You say while he grabs your hand and starts pulling you towards the door.