Chapter 9- Distraction

Ever since you were little the stars have always been your distraction. Whenever your parents were fighting you would sit outside and look up at the stars.

"You like the stars?"
"Like would be an understatement." You turn your head to see Bucky standing by the front doorway.
"Do you chart them or any of that fancy stuff?"
"No, they've always helped distract me. Whenever my parents would fight I would just look up at the stars." You look down sadly, and Bucky quickly notices. "But after my mom died there wasn't much fighting anymore."
"Bri, I'm so sorry."
"It's ok, can't change the past."
"Mind if I sit with you then?"
"Oh uh... sure," you give him a slight smile.

You guys sit there in silence for what feels like forever. You not wanting this moment to end. And wondering what is going on in Bucky's head. Still having a million questions for him, but deciding now wasn't the best time.

"Well I should probably get to bed." You are pulled out of your daze by Bucky's words.
"Goodnight Bucky."
"Don't stay out here too long. Ya know might be coyotes or bears or something." You could see right through his lie. He was scared those people were going to find him.

And he knew he had to protect you.

You continue to look up at the stars when you feel your eyes get tired. You snuggle yourself a little lower onto the bench and pull a blanket over yourself. You try your best to focus on the stars when you feel your eyes drift shut.

———————
You suddenly wake realizing it's still dark and you are in the same spot on the bench. You then notice a figure emerging from the dark.

"Bri." You keep your eyes fixed on the figure trying to recognize the voice but failing. As the figure emerges you see it is a tall male with half his face covered. He makes his way up the steps onto the porch.
"How- how do you know my name?"
"That doesn't matter," the man walks closer until he is stood directly in front of you. He leans down so your faces are level and then grabs your chin. "You're coming with me."
"What?! No." Before you can make another move he grabs you by the arms and starts pulling you off the porch. "Buc-" The man quickly covers your mouth.
"Be quiet." He continues taking you into the woods. Barely able to see where you are going. Scared about what will happen to you. You stumble over the roots of a tree and end up falling. The man quickly puts you back on your feet and continues walking.

After walking for a while you come upon a small camp with two tents and a fire. The man takes you into one tent where there is another man with a mask. They tie you down onto a table and inject you with a serum. Your vision starts to go blurry.
"Hail Hydra." You hear a voice say before everything goes black.