Chapter 31- Engaged

"I missed you so much Doll," Bucky says slowly cupping your face with his hands.
"I missed you too," he leans down and plants a kiss on your forehead.
"Knock knock!"
"Come on in Tony!" You turn towards the door and see Tony walk in.
"Sorry am I interrupting anything?"
"No," you chuckle leaning your head on Bucky's chest.
"I'll leave you two to talk." You watch as Bucky walks out of your room, closing the door behind him. You plop onto your bed ready to listen to what Tony had to say.
"Bri I'm so sorry about everything."
"Tony it's okay. I'm not blaming any of you guys for what happened. I shouldn't of left without someone with me."
"No you didn't know Blake would be there. And we both thought it was okay since you had your bracelet. I'll have to make some adjustments to it. We just need to start being more careful about things."
"Okay that sounds good." Tony pulls you into a hug before saying.
"Bri, you know you're like a daughter to me?"
"Yes and you're the closest thing I've ever had to a dad."
"What if I adopted you? I know you're an adult now. But maybe actually having a legal parent?"
"Really?" Your eyes shot open with excitement at the thought of having an actual dad. You felt tears start welling in your eyes. "Yes! Can we?"
"Of course!" He pulls you into another hug. "I'll let you know a date when we can go to the court and get it done."
"Thank you!" You keep hugging Tony when you hear a knock at the door.
"Can I come in?" It was Bucky. You forget he had left the room so you and Tony could talk.
"Yeah!"
"Doll, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go out tonight? I wanted to show you around Brooklyn and where I grew up."
"That sounds so fun, I'd love to."
"Great! You might want to start getting ready." He sounded so nervous, but why? You could obviously tell he was nervous about something. Maybe it's just going back to where he grew up after so long. You shook off the thought rather quickly and then pushed both boys out of your room.

"I need something cute," you open your closet looking at all your clothes. You settle with a white t-shirt, ripped jeans, vans, and a light brown cardigan. You go to the bathroom and curl your hair. You throw on some simple makeup before grabbing your purse and heading to the lobby. You walk in to see Steve and Bucky talking. They quickly notice you, Steve patting him on the shoulder and winking at you.
"You ready Doll?" Bucky says admiring your outfit.
"Ready as I'll ever be!" Bucky takes your hand in his and you guys walk out of the facility. The two of you take the subway to Brooklyn and go to a small diner.
"Me and Steve used to always come here."
"What do you normally order?"
"I would usually get a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a milk shake."
"That's what I'll get then!" Bucky chuckles at your response to his answer.
"God, I missed you so damn much." The thought of the pain Bucky was in brought tears to your eyes.
"I missed you too, I'm sorry for being so jumpy and everything."
"Hey," Bucky says gently grabbing your hand. "None of that was your fault and I don't want you thinking it was either. But who were all those men."
"I - I don't know. The only one I knew was Blake. I never learned any of the others names."
"I'm so sorry Doll."

The rest of the night goes smoothly. You and Bucky catching up. You had explained everything that had happened to you while you were kidnapped. After the diner Bucky took you to a few other places before taking you to the roof of a smaller building.

"Me and Steve used to always hangout up here. That was until the war."
"It's so beautiful up here! The view is amazing." You turn to Bucky and watch as a smile emerges from his face.
"You really think so?"
"Yeah, I can see why you guys would always be up here!" You run to the ledge to admire the view even more. "Hey Buck, don't you think it would be nice living somewhere like this?" You turn around to see him on one knee and a small box in his hand. "Oh my god," you feel your eyes fill with tears.
"Bri, you make me the happiest man alive. I've let you go before and I never want to make that mistake again. I love you so much and I will never stop loving you. Will you marry me?"
"Bucky," you find yourself at a loss of words staring down at him. "Of course," Bucky jumps up and wraps his arms around you. "This ring is beautiful."
"I knew you would like it." You place your hand in front of Bucky and watch as he gently places the ring on your finger.
"I love you," Bucky says pulling you into a long and passionate kiss.
"I love you too. Did you ask Tony for his blessing?"
"Yes don't worry I did. I actually had to ask almost everybody. They all seemed a little overprotective of you. But yes Tony gave me consent to ask you. He also had asked me if I thought it was a good idea for him to adopt you."
"James Buchanan Barnes I love you so much."

So that's why he was so nervous. Bri Barnes, I like how that sounds.