Chap.1

She sat in the back of the taxi, on her way home from camp. How would she explain everything that happened within the past few months to her mom, to Paul? Annabeth was her long-time friend, and her death still Rattled around in her head. And she was still down in that pit, some monster disposing of her corpse.

That place was no place to be in but she made it. Percy had felt nothing but pain, sorrow, and grief. Her life had always been that way, and now she was done playing the pawn in some game of the gods. If they had dirty work for her they had to do it themselves.

Jason, Hazel, Frank and Piper. All were gone, and Leo seemed to be the one who made it intact, along with Nico. Her on the other hand had not come back from the pit. No, someone else did. A shell of a person. Someone of once who used to be. Annabeth was her sister, and when she died. Percy almost killed a goddess, that is if a goddess could die. Because of that goddess, she was gone. She looked out of the window in a daze, it took the driver three tries to bring her back to reality. She paid for the ride and stood there looking at the apartment building, hoping that they were still there. She did not know what would happen if they were gone. Paul was the real father figure to her. The one who did not hurt her, the one who did not only use her for his problems, the one who did not cause her pain.

No, he was the one she felt safe with, the one who helped her learn to drive. He was the one where they stayed up all night watching a Navy cop show with the functioning mute and the crazy ninja chick with impulse issues along with the happiest goth you will ever meet.
Yes, he was her dad, not her father nor her stepfather. Her dad.

She walked up the stairs unable to even look at the elevator. On the second floor and on the tenth door she hesitated before knocking. The door opened and was greeted by a plaid shirt. Strong arms wrapped around her. And the familiar smell of aftershave calmed her. She dropped her duffle bag and just stood there hugging Paul.

"I'm sorry" was all she said. A strong hand brushed her hair back. "It's okay, you're okay" was all that was said.
"Paul?" said a questioning voice " Who is it?" He pulled away showing her mother what she so desperately hoped would be her. And he did not disappoint. Her mother with grey streaks of hair stood holding a baby with black hair and eyes the color of green. Her heart stopped not only did her family survive but they had a baby, and she was not there. "How- when?" That was all she said. "I found out I was pregnant right before you went missing." She breathed unable to Believe that her firstborn was here and in her site. "We did not get to tell you" "Can I hold her?" With a nod the teen walked swiftly to her mother, she kissed her mother's cheek before holding the baby. Paul grabbed her bags and walked into the small house. Percy sat on the couch holding the baby.

"I will protect you, there's nothing I would not do for you. I don't want you to be razed in the world I was. No harm will come while I still breathe"

the promise seemed to echo in the three-bedroom apartment. "Her name is Estelle," Miss Sally said. "Ellie" Percy liked the nickname, and so did the baby. She smiled and laughed as she registered the newcomer. There was a sense of home in the newcomer but the now 10-month-old did not care at the moment everything was peaceful to the innocents of the baby not yet destroyed, and wouldn't be for a while.

A week has gone by and Percy refuses to talk about what had happened and only spends time with her family never leaving one side alone for too long.

It was Sunday and Sally finally decided that Percy needed to talk to them. So that night they sat down at the table with a plate of blue cookies and some milk.
"Can we talk...about what happened?" She asked. Percy closed her eyes as if to keep tears away.
"They're all dead," Percy said, her voice breaking, "and it's all my fault" she sobbed. " I went through hell,"

Sally did not know if it was metaphorical or the truth. She really hoped it was not the latter. She had gone through enough under the age of 16 and in one year, she seemed to go through a lot more than that. She was no longer happy, or not carefree but less worried. Now she was on edge, constantly tents, and flinched at the slightest of sounds. On the quest to find Annabeth after she had been kidnapped by the manticore and was held hostage by Luke and his goons. she had a grey steak from holding up the sky, over the years it faded but now it was back. It danced in the shorter front peace of her hair. Sally assumed that she was suffering from survivor syndrome. Guilty that she had survived and they did not.

A cry came from a room, alerting them that Estelle was awake. Percy quickly got up and moved to go get her. Paul glanced at his wife, disgusted at what his daughter had to go through. She had more trauma than someone he ever met. He was no doctor but he knew what PTSD looked like, his own dad had it. And at such a young age too. Mental health problems were a real thing, at least one of his students had them. The world was not perfect, Greek or otherwise. 

Percy picked up her baby sister, it still stunned her. That something good came from the worst year of her life. Hera had granted her a gift, along with Artemis. She prayed to the archery goddess, thanking her for blessing her mom with a safe childbirth.  She hummed a song that her mother sang to her when she was young, and she envied her for having a better dad than her. She kissed the child's forehead bouncing her slightly.

"I had no idea you were so good with kids"
"What are you doing here" her voice has suddenly turned cold and unwelcoming.
Why was the person at home not singing anymore? Estelle wondered. Her voice had become hard and she did not like it. When Percy turned the ten-month-old saw the man that her holder did not like. She glared at him, wishing that he would go away so she could hear the beautiful voice again.

"The gods wish to have an audience with you" "Apollo, as you can see I am busy. Now I suggest you leave before I decide you are a waste of space. And make it more open in this cramped room"

"I will leave, but you must come tomorrow," he said. Percy readjusted so Estelle was looking over her shoulder.  She turned her back to the god, so the god could see the green eyes of the baby. She truly was Percy's sibling, the green eyes glared at him. Unwilling to let the newcomer, frighten the person of home.

  Though the child did not know it she would be a force to be wrecked with in the future. Even though she was mortal she scared the god, but not as much as the one holding her though.

Percy turned around to see the god, in the dim light from the hallway her eyes were dark and unreadable. Much like the sea itself. Her black hair was naturally wavy, all the way down to the small of her back. funny he thought, her fatal flaw was loyalty, and she chose the small of her back as her Achilles heal. She would have to be stabbed in the back, and she would die. 

"Go, you are not welcome here, make that clear to every god. Especially Hera" he was surprised, but at the moment, there was so much hatred from the demigods from both camps. He should not be surprised, but he was.
He nodded and she turned away, making sure that her sister's eyes were covered as well.
With a flash of light that she could see through her eyelids, the god was gone.

She walked into the kitchen and handed the baby to Paul, she took a shaky breath " It all started when Hera, queen of the gods kidnapped me and wiped my memory" and she explained everything, though she left out the death of her friend and of details on that place. She could not talk about that place.

They knew she could not talk about certain things.
"I am going to bed," she said after some tiers. She walked to her room, she looked around. To the wall in front of her there was her twin bed and above it was a window, that led to a fire escape. To the wall at the right was a dresser, next to that was a desk.

she had to an iris message and talk with Leo.

 Leo was to come over tomorrow, then they would go to see the gods. She climbed onto her bed with the nest of blankets she had collected from all around the apartment.

Even though it was summer, almost fall she still found comfort in the soft objects. She opened her window and climbed out onto the fire escape. taking a blanket with.  It was a three-story building and people were used to people going on the roof. She finally got to the top and once she was sure no one was up there and lay down, laying the blanket over her with the cool concrete to her back. crying as she thought about the last words Bob the titan said to her.

"Bob says hello" she whispers tears rolling down the side of her face and into her ears and hair. "I'm sorry," she said a little louder, " I am so sorry". She sobbed until she had nothing left to give.

Word count 1733