Chap.4

About three weeks had past and was now the beginning of August. Only a few monsters had attacked her, which wasn't surprising for her. Mainly hellhounds, draconian, and the other smaller monsters. 

Percy had never been to Gotham so she thought she would try and see what it was like. She was casually rolling down the street of a suberin hill with her skateboard. There was a house every so often but there was this big house that stuck out to her, 'Wayne Manner' it said. She thought nothing of it as she continued.

Dick was walking around the city, a beauty of a girl catching his eye. She wore ripped black jeans and a red T-shirt. She had dark blue Converse on with slight gold accents. her black hair-tired back into a messy bun, flyaway hairs lined her face. her widows peak somewhat clear. It outlined her face well, she had unnaturally sea-green eyes as if she might be wearing colored contacts. Though he knew better. They were real.  they were too stunning to be contacted. Even though he did not know he was a clear-sighted mortal, he could see the scars on her neck and arms. they were scared of a fighter, a warrior maybe. 

The mist normally hides them, but there are bound to be some clear-sighted mortals. Dick just happened to be one of them. He watched as the girl stopped on her skateboard and picked it up. She walked into a craft store known for its acrylic paint, she was clearly 17-18.

He noticed the black skateboard had a weird design on it. A trident and waves. Like the Greek or Roman god. He walked into the store looking for the girl, she was in the brush Section. "Hey, I'm  dick," he said walking to her "Haven't seen you around here before, now?" She raised an eyebrow and looked at him suspiciously. "Jack" she simply said, she had a slight New York accident. She did not trust him one bit. her instincts told her that she should not reveal her full name right away.  "Is it short for something" "Jackson, and to answer your questions I'm just visiting. I'm from New York" "Cool" In truth she interested him, she was built with a muscular build.  

She continued to look at brushes, the splattered paint of colors on her wrists and hands did not go unnoticed by dick. Along with a tattoo. Similar to her skateboard, that was by her feet. A trident, except black, with a line under it and weird lettering. He noticed another tattoo which was a simple smiley face on her right middle finger.  "How many tattoos do you have?" He asked. She passed. "Two" she continued to look at brushes and soon moved to paint pallets.

"Oh...cool" Way to go Richard. Totally got to get her to like you.
she finally looked at him "Is there something I can help you with" A glare worse than the bat glare came from her, shivering down his spine. "Yeah, how long are you staying in Gotham?" "Just for the day, meeting some friends and then I'm going to go home to pack"

"pack?" "Moving to Alaska at the end of the month" Percy planned on moving as soon as she turned 18. She had everything financially done and had a cabin waiting for her. Some of the money that she got for her gift of hades had gone into helping her family.

"Cool," he said not so excitedly. They walked around together, Percy finally decided that he was not a monster, and he showed her some cool places. They eventually ran into a kid named Wally who chose to flirt with her. She gave him a glare that shut him up. 

"Did it hurt?" Wally asked the girl named Jack.

"What?" She gave them a look and dick just rolled his eyes. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"
She now had a mischievous smirk that was better than Wally's "No, but I stubbed my toe riding the elevator out of hell" she said with a sarcastic attitude. Dick was beginning to like this girl more and more. Finally, he could not keep his laughter from erupting out of him. Wally was scared of the girl, not only had she had the perfect comeback but reminded him of Artemis so much. They would get along he thought.

Percy was kind of happy, she made friends that were normal. Or so she thought.
Percy eventually had to head back home but was confused about how she would get home.
"How will you get home?" He asked "It's a bit of a drive but you have a skateboard.
"Umm, the same way I got here?" She got here by flying on her wings and with Annabeth's invisibility cap. She had a small paper bag with art supplies.

She had made seven paintings, ten if you count the ones hiding in her closet. She did not want her mother to find those, they were of the pit. Vivid and realistic. Others were memories or things that could have happened if she were just better.
That's how she Coped.

She walked into an ally and put the cap on first. Then extended her wings. As she went above the clouds, she took off the cap. And looked behind her. Beautiful black wings with gold and sea-green flecks glistened in the sunlight. Soon she was over Manhattan, and she put the cap back on. She landed in an ally not far from her building. Her mind back to the blue-eyed boy. now that she thought about it, he too had the build of a fighter. one that's been fighting for many years. so did his friend Wally. 

Once back at her apartment, she put the paint tubes in a giant Tupperware bin with the rest of the paint that she collected. the bin was bigger than her head. It was already filled to the brim with tubes of paint. She looked at the most recent paintings that sat on a small stand on her desk. She had received an Iris message from Rachel, about updates on camp and the Roman one too. But not before she could see one of her paintings as well. It seemed to be right before she and Annabeth fell into the pit. Percy hanging by one hand on a cliff, Annabeth in the other. Nico trying to reach for them.

Percy has made her own painting, focusing only on the memory of the brief glimpse. It was much different. Rachels were slightly sloppy in some places, but Percy having experienced it added her own details. Like the cobwebs and things falling, the Argo two with the Athena Parthenos, and Jason flying with Piper in his arms and Hazel on the latter.

The week passed, she hung out with dick Grayson and met another one of his friends or adopted brother. Tim was nice, very smart, and admired her idea of art. He was never artistic and would like to see her paintings one day. She simply brushed him off and continued talking.

Percy was in Gotham again, after hanging out with Wally and dick. Tim had school to attend as he was taking classes for college. She was at a small shop that had some paint she wanted. After hanging out with boys the whole day she wanted some of her time. It was a different place where she met Dick Greyson.

She was walking through the aisle. She then Heard a gunshot and yelling. "Everyone on the ground," said a masked man. There was a kid about 8 in the next aisle and she made eye contact with him. She gestured for him to come near and he slowly did. As the kid came near she slowly crawled to him. He crouched down, with his hands over his head like he would in a tornado drill. She quickly covered his body with hers mostly shielding him from the gunned men. Whispering encouragement and how everything would be ok. Then a shot was fired and fighting sounds came from the isle over.

"Are you alright miss?" A voice said. She looked up to see a man in a grey and black padded uniform with a blue bird logo that went down his arms to his knuckle. She nodded.

She quickly got off the small boy, asking if he was alright. He went to find his mother. She got off the ground and looked at the superhero. He had black hair and eyes covered by a mask. He did not seem hurt and was well-built.

She quickly purchased the paint and walked off. The hero follows her from the rooftops. His suit blended into the night sky.
" did you know it's rude to spy on people?" she finally said once she got into a dirty alleyway.
"Whatever happened to the gunned men anyway?"

I apologize if some things are wrong, I'm going off of memory and Pinterest so if I described Nightwing wrong it is because I am going off of pictures from comics and pictures I see. Also, it's been a while since I read the PJ and HoO and watched the TV show.

Word count 1540