Chap.13

Sweat dripped down her temple as she took her emotions out on a punching bag. Monsters flashed in her mind, people in ranks and in chaos as monsters Fought demigods.

She was so caught up in her own mind that she did not notice what was going on around her. She was at a public gym in New York, she had drawn a small crowd around her, many people watching the teenager destroy the bag. When she finally came out of her mind she looked around, uncomfortable with the attention.  Unfortunately, the missed can't hide scars or the muscle mass she had gained from over the years. By the looks she was getting, they probably thought she was into some trouble.
Well can't blame them, she was barely 18 and she had tattoos, scars and other questionable things.

Dick had volunteered to go to New York with Bruce on a business trip. Mainly so he could hang out with his friend, Percy. But unfortunately, the hotel they were staying at did not have a gym, well not a very good one.

They payed at the desk as there was no point getting a membership. There was a small crowd by a hanging punching bag. He could hear the pat pat pat as the person pounding on it.

He walked over to see what it was all about. A woman in black sports bra and sweatpants was at the red bag.

"Percy?" He asked. She turns to the sound of her name, "hey what's up?" She said out of breath.

Bruse watched the introduction, secretly taking a picture to get a background check on the girl.
She can back as a wrongly accused kid, her ex-stepdad in jail for abuse, and a lot of other charges.

He watched as they walked over to the basketball court, asking a few who were short some. Some whispered and pointed to the girl named Persephone.

He studied her, her body language saying she was comfortable but aware. She had many scars that she should not have, even for her age.  He was somewhat sure that she had more scar tissue than he did.

He was suspicious of her; she could be in the wrong crowd. Maybe dick would be a good influence on her. They seemed to be close, he also knew he was spending a lot of time in New York. He wondered if she was the reason, are they dating? If so, how long.

He watched as she weaved and ducked in between players. She was good at the game, and she was shoved out of the way only for dick to help her up. She laughed and continued to play.

She knew she was being watched. A man with black hair and blue eyes. He looked familiar but she could not place it.

A few hours later the two walked out of the gym, sweaty and gross. Then an idea came into his mind.
"Why don't we go swimming?" "What?" she asked in surprise. "Yeah" he said, confident in his question.

"Alright" she said "but were."
"Depends, want to meet more of my friends?"
Word count 520