Chap. 14

They stopped by Percy's apartment. Only for Mrs. Blofise to give him a tight hug. He looked at Percy who was standing behind her mother. He was confused to say the least. This was the first time she was welcoming to him.

She ran to her room to get her swimsuit. She bent over only to let out a hiss. She had recently got in a fight with a dracaena, she had acquired a now healing wound. After getting out of that pit, she hasn't been able to heal right away. She felt sore and tired.

Unfortunately for her only clean swimsuit was a Bikini. Which showed much of her back. The mist does not hide scars or at least not very well. It can hide certain ones, if focused. But that was too much work. Most of her scars happen to be on her back. Most were from Gabe, when he was in his drunken and abused states. Which happened to be most of the time. After the wedding, it all went downhill.

Maybe she could wear a t-shirt and swim. Where would they be swimming? If it was the ocean, would the fish come near her? Maybe she out have send it through the water.

Grayson cling to Percy as they rounded the corner of the mountain. The motorcycle fallowing every command that Percy gave it. Her figure muscular under his touch. It made him giddy that he was so close.

"Take a left to the next town" he yelled, muffled by the helmet. She nodded in understanding.

He had talked to Kaldur, who was holding down the fort in the cave. He had specifically said to come in civilian clothing, and to bring swimsuits. They stopped at a gas station right outside happy Harbor. It was a small fishing town.

Garfield waited with the rest of the team by the beach. Apparently, a civilian had caught the attention for the famous nightwing. Sure, night had had a date once and a while, but he was stuck in the friend zone, hopelessly falling in love. At least that was what red hood said when he and red arrow stopped at the cave.

The sound of a motorcycle came into ear shot. Two people were on the mat black bike. The woman had a t-shirt and black denim shorts. She had black hair and a perfect tan. The man pointed to the parking lot, and she turned in to it. She parked it and waited for the man to get off.

She took her sunglasses off to show unnaturally green eyes. They were bright and seemed to be getting brighter as she walked to the team.

"Hey guys, this is Percy" Kaldur was pail. "Hi, I have heard so much about you guys" she said. 'She seems nice' m'gann said through the mind link. "Hi I'm Magen" she said extending her hand. "Your the one that likes to cook, right?" "I am" she won over M'ggan. "Artemis," she said introducing herself. "Wally talks a lot about you. Mostly good things. He described you well" "cool" "this is Connor, a man of little words" Grayson said. "Nice to meet you" Percy said. "And this is Kaldur, one of my good friends" "hello" she said extending her hand. "Also this is Garfield, but goes by  Gar" "hi" he said quietly. He felt uncomfortable in his human skin.

They walked around the small town, eventually getting ice cream. Percy was overjoyed to see that there was blue Barry flavor, that happened to be blue and not purple.

They finished at the beach, Percy looked as kids, teens, and parents played in the sand and water.
"Percy come on" she looked to see gar wave to her. He was standing knee deep in the water. A smile on his face, his body language saying that he was relaxed and felt safe. She smiled and walked to him. Her toes just barely touching the sea.

Kaldur watched as she got closer to the sea. Her eyes practically glowing in the darkening sky. her eyes matching the same color as the water.

The team were all slashing and laughing. The only one not in the water was Percy.
"Come on perce" dick said "it's a nice temperature."
She took off her shorts and tossed them to the other teams' things. Revealing a red Bikini bottom under her gray t-shirt.  She let the water get up to her thighs before looking around her. She watched as the team played. Connor having Megan on his shoulders and Artemis on Wally's. They chicken fought, only for Artemis and Wally to go down. Fallowed a cheering Megan.

At first Percy thought she saw Megan's eyes glow green but thought nothing of it. Finally, gar tapped on her shoulder, bringing her out of her thoughts. "Want to join? I can be on your shoulders?" She smiled. "Sure" she ducked under the water. Feeling the 15-year-olds legs on her shoulders. As she pushed from that sand with gar on her shoulders, causing him to screech in surprise.

Megan laughed. they look similar, maybe brother and sister. Connor had a big smile on his face. Not hiding his emotions.

Percy seemed to be blending in with the team well with the team. Artemis and Wally cheering for Percy and gar. She felt a tug at her feet, like someone was trying to pull her under the water. Funny. With a tug in her gut, she made the water push away the force.

But it ended up hitting Connor behind the knees, causing him to go down. Percy ducked under the water, and gar got off. Excited about the victory. She laughed as Megan fell off Connors shoulders and into the water. Only to have been pushed under the water by Grayson.

She turned in his arms. Her eyes glowing in the dark water. As he leaned in, his nose brushing the side of hers. Their eyes were lidded and their eyes fliding to each other's lips.

Word count 1006