Chap. 24

Percy took a deep breath, she wanted "me time" was what her mom called it. A movie and popcorn sounded good. Or reruns of a show she hadn't seen in a while.

She walked the quiet streets of Gotham. She accidentally put the wrong coordinates into the zeta tube and the street ones shut off at midnight. It was a good day.

She got to hang out with M'ggan and Artemis. And beast boy was nice, though was young.

Well, this is stupid, she thought to herself. How was she supposed to get to New York by walking?

Listening to the quite of the night, hearing the pat pat pat and the slight scratch of nails on pavement from the wolf behind her. The smell of garbage and of the dirty alley ways.

Should she call blackjack? She did have wings, but she did have snow with her. Could she call Paul? Would he be mad? She could try.

She taped on his contact but stopped from calling him. It was a three-hour drive. What would she do for three hours, at night, in Gotham. At least the stars were better than in New York.

She liked the stars, She can see them.

Well, she could find a hotel or stop by the Wayne mansion. But then she would have to explain herself. She could say she had demigod work... wait no. That would not work only nightwing knows about the demigod shit show. And is she told dick Grayson that she was on demigod work. That would blow the whole 'he can't know that I know he's a superhero' spiel and then that leads to a lot of questions and a lot of energy that she doesn't have.

"This suck" she aloud. Happy that no one responded, she sighed in frustration.

Didn't Barbra have an apartment? Maybe she could crash there. Did she even have her contact? No...

At this moment she really found the definition of "seaweed brain" maybe she wasn't that smart.

Today was a roller coaster of emotions. At least she wasn't numb anymore. She wondered when she began to feel again.

Maybe she could vapor travel? But she hasn't done it before with another living thing.

Nico Said that the first time he did it he passed out for a week. In China... well China wouldn't be bad, but she was a girl and would probably also pass out. Who knew what would happen.

Well, if she were to pass out for a long period time. Maybe she could at least make sure no one would see her dog in red. What if dick came over. The whole identity this would be screwed. For her at least, it was already screwed for him. 

Screw it. She needed the sleep. "Alright my pup. This will hurt I'm going to change your pigment again, but I won't have to for a while, Ok?" The wolf huffed annoyance. Then stepped closer. Percy put her hands on to the dog's head and she know exactly what to change.

"Vapor travel. Let me just call my mom."

After a call to the goddess amongst mortals, asking her to arrange pjs, her bed and many filled water bottles near said bed. She picked up snow and focused on her destination.

She had no clue what she was doing but it worked before, mostly.

And suddenly she appeared in her room holding a wolf that seemed to be wanting to get out of her range. Percy mindlessly walked over to the bed and changed. After covering herself with many and many blankets she drifted off, saying a quick prayer to Morpheus that is she had no dreams she would burn lavender. Because when burned over a magic flame like at camp with offerings it smelled of actual lavender. And Morpheus liked lavender.  she was off to sleep.