Chap.7

Percy swam to the surface, not noticing the two Atlanteans watching her. She walked out of the water as to make sure no one saw her. She picked up her shoes and found her bike right where she put it. She drove off to come home to a peaceful house, being greeted by her wolf.

"Paul, mom?" She called out. Paul came thumping down the stairs "hey kiddo" he said "how was your day?" "It was ok. Do you know what's for dinner?" "I'll be making... I have no idea" she sighed with a slight smile "that's alright" she walked to the kitchen, looking in the fridge. "Hey Paul, did you get Percy that es-thing that I'm not supposed to tell you" Sally said as she walked down the stairs. Percy smiled "please continue that sentence, I hate surprises."

Percy watched as the noodles boiled in the pot. She looked to her companion, hoping for food. She sighed and walked to the fridge. "Do you want it warmed up?" She looked away, signaling a no. She had got good at reading her familiars body language. It was similar to Lupas language.

Grabbing the New York sirloin. "Lucky for you it's steak night" "may I accompany you for dinner?" A new voice said she turned to see her dad. Poseidon.

It was like Percy's 15 birthday all over again. The awkward stares; the quiet talk. It was to weird for Percy to handle. Her leg bounced under the table, and she was dazing out of what she wanted to do before she left.
After dinner that sat in the living room.

"So Percy" Poseidon said, cutting through the silence. He had a bright yellow shirt with purple flowers on it. It was not as loud as Mr. D's shirts but still. He also had khaki shorts.
He dug around in his pocket and pulled out a small velvet black box. "I have a small gift for you. It is only part of it though" she eyed the box suspiciously. "What's the catch" "you and your family, attend a birthday party. Your birthday party. You will also be treated to nice clothing" "is it under water?" She ask wondering if her family could stand the pressure of her dads palace under the sea. "No it's in a remote island not far from Florida" "what kind of fancy clothing" "for you my pearl a dress" "no"

He opened his mouth then closed it, registering what she said. "No?" "Correct" no way in hell was she wearing something that was something other than pants or shorts. The last time she ware a dress was at Circe's Island. She did not even ware one at her moms wedding. She ware a romper thing...
(I actually had to google things to ware other than a dress, how disappointing is that.)

"Well" he cleared his throat. "At least think about it. You are becoming a woman in three days" is she was being honest she would rather roller blade with Grayson and Wally. That was the plan for her birthday anyway. She had already got a gift from Leo. It was an on going joke about metal flowers since his dad gave her a ring with a sunflower on it. The ring could turn into a blade. A sunflower on the hilt. it was made of a celetial bronze and silver. Effective on everything, and everyone.
So for her birthday Percy got a backpack that was endless. It could not only hold the stuff that could fit so unfortunately it can't hold a couch. She tried.

It had a tropical flower pattern. The straps and back of the pack was black. It was greatly appreciated.

"Maybe" she said. Still deep in thought.
"Well at least open my gift" he said nudging the the black box to her. She sighed and opened it. It was a beautiful ring. Percy thought of it as to flashy. It had an emerald, with peals and black diamonds.
"I can't take this. Sell it and give the money to people who actually need it" "do you not like it?" Of course she liked it. But she did not need it. "Yes, I like it... it's just this is to much" "please take it, Amphitrite picked it out. She would like it if she saw you with the ring" she sighed disapprovingly, and slipped it on her right middle finger.