Chap.12

As if the day could get any better. Another monster attack came upon camp half blood. She rushed out of the Athena cabin and charged to the border by the ocean side. It was Cetus, slain by Perseus in the olden times.

"Really? Out of all the days today?" She asked it. It made this gurgling growling sound. She expected some response but what she did not expect was to understand it. Well, him, she did not expect him to say 'sure let me come back when it's convenient' no, he did not say that unfortunately.  "Wash your mouth out with soap" she retorted. She got weird looks from some campers but some she knew chuckled a little. She walked past the border; the wind had picked up and the ocean splashed and churred.

She uncapped riptide, the feeling of calm washed over her. She was in her area of expertise. Water riptide, something always trying to kill her. It felt weirdly right.

"Oh, common Cetus" she smirked, "not in the mood for some fun?" A screeched came from the monster. He knew that is the daughter of his lord touches the water he was dead. But he had a mission from something more powerful than a god or a stupid demigod. And if he disobeyed, he would face something worse than Tartarus.

She could sense something was wrong with it, it was a creature of the sea, she did not want to hurt it. Maybe scare it so it would go away but not hurt him.
"What's wrong?" She asked him. "If it's something with your living conditions then we can change them, or is something else bothering you?"

He gave another growl before charging. "Ordered? By who-" she asked before getting a face full of sand.
This was not amusing to her, she tried reasoning with him, tried figuring out what the problem would be and how to stop it from attacking camp. But orders were something she was not expecting.  She got up from the sand not bothered by the feeling of sand in her hair. As she walked to the water to square up with him, our is the corner of her eye she saw two flying figures. Time to show off to Diana's hero squad, or whatever the hades it is.

But she also wanted to have fun while she could. "Cetus, I don't want to hurt you" she yelled at him over the rush of waves and wind. It was time to gain control over the now brewing storm.

Super man was confused. Why on earth would a teenager go up to a monster and call it something, saying she did not want to hurt it.

"Cetus, you know I have gained powers; you don't want to do this. I don't want to send you down there."

Send it where? She opened her armed as if asking for a hug. He wanted to stop her but Diana had a vis grip on his shoulder.  Something made an electric shock, and it shocked the girl. But she did not even flinch. By his senses she should be dead.

It gave a deep clicking sound like a orca but louder and much, much deeper. It backed away slowly. She fallowed it, the water wrapping her up. It went up to meet the monster, super man was curious on how the water would be controlled. Her being Atlantan is not out of the picture. But she used no water sabers like aqua lad.

The monster sank into the water soon the girl walked on to the beach then she was gone, like she turned invisible. "How?" "I am not sure" Wonder Woman said with a knowing look.

Percy had packed up the car, her eyes hurt and her nose was sore. Although max never left her side. Who happened to be a visitor from new Rome. He was the son of sancus, god of loyalty, hospitality and formal contracts (I think, I am going off of google).

She wondered where Mrs. O'Leary was, she asked a few of campers, some of the newer ones giving her weird looks.  She walked to the sword practice arena. No one was there. A past class had recently come through, known from the scattered blades, armor and various weapons.

A straw dummy was pinned agents it's post, ready to be stabbed, slashed or hacked. She felt the blue pen, she uncapped it and put it in her pocket. It felt so familiar, the smell of dirt, straw, and leather came to her nose. Acting on instincts and muscle memory alone, the dummy was in peace's at her feet.

"Wow" she heard behind her. She saw about three kids. Max, a girl and a satyr. Though the satyr was young, looked about 5 but you can never tell. "How did you do that" she did not remember what exactly she did. She shrugged.

"I thought I felt the sarcasm balance shift here" none other than pollex. "Hey man, what's up" "not much, haven't seen you in a while" "yeah, trauma. What are you going to do about it" she said shrugging, earning a fer'real from him. His violet eyes seemed unsettled.  "You alright my dude?" "Hum? Yeah, doing anything this weekend" great small talk.

An awkward tension came between the two. Percy felt uncomfortable, she did not know what to talk to him about.  His brother was a no go, his dad... yeah no.

"Um, probably packing, and hanging out with some friends" "what are you packing for?" "Oh yeah, didn't tell you Um I'm moving to Alaska" "out of the gods reach?" "Yeah, kind of the whole point" "want to spar?" "Yeah"

For the next hour the two of them spared, the sound of metal clanging echoed in the arena. Sweat dripped down Percy's back, she could tell pollex was getting tired she was getting there too.

But not enough to lose. She stuck his stomach with the flat of her blade with a fwap. Knocking the wind out of him she uses a mix of martial arts to bring him to the ground and knocking the blade out of his hands. With the tip of riptide under his chin, she looked at him, waiting for him to surrender.

Pollex being the son of Dionysus, he could sense her mental state. It was not good. He may not know what she saw, or been through but it was bad. He was surprised she was not insane. But he saw the kind eyes looking down on him, she was healing. She just needed the right people around her. Her eyes looked like broken glass. Broken but powerful.

Word count 1113.