Chap.9

Percy could not help but sigh. She picked up the phone, seeing that he was requesting a video call.
She hit the green button, to acknowledge the call.
"Hey! How was your birthday?" He asked through the phone. She sighed "tiering" "really?" "Yes, to many people for my social battery to handle"
"people?" "Yeah, a bunch of aunts and uncles, cousins, and friends. There were some people I did not even know" "great! So definitely better than rollerblading with two losers" "hey! That's mean to Wally" "WOW" he said with a smile. "Wait? Ware are you?" She asked, the background seemed a lot like her room. Of course she knew full well ware he was. Well, in the castle not the room though.
"Um at a friends house, he's kind of wealthy" "says the Wayne boy" "what does that mean?" "Never mind"

They talked for an hour, until Percy looked at the time. "We should probably go to bed," she says. "Yeah" he sighed, "I suppose" "night" she said, "night" and she hung up

Snow got up and stretched, growling a little. "What?" She huffed, "ok, we can go for a walk" she walked to her door and opened it, letting her wolf out first before closing it. "Alright on the count of three" she said. sighing "1...2...3" It was her only second time shifting. The first was an accident. It also was when she was having an Iris message with Leo. She was to busy panicking and bumping into stuff to realize that Leo was laughing so hard.

 She turned into a tiger so imagine Sally's reaction when she sees a tiger in her daughters room. With Leo laughing his ass off in the iris message. That was a rememberable day for sure.

It was somewhat painful of a process. Bones popping and reshaping to fit the accustomed skeleton of the animal. Her clothing almost looked as though they were melting into her skin while fur began to Polk through her skin.

She screamed in agony, long, and tiered. She crumpled to the ground, panting. Once she had finally shifted into some animal, not quite sure which one though. She aimed for a wolf or a dog but whatever worked. Snow liking her ear, reassuring her. She saw something out of the corner of her she saw that Altaine boy...Kaldur she believed. Not sure how much he saw, she limped off to the next hallway. With the help of snow she reached the outside courtyard. Ware a fountain, stood she leaned against it. She looked in her reflection to see a lynx. With the fur tipped ears and the short tail.

She did not bother morphing back to her human state. She just wanted to run. Though they are different species, it was like they understood each other perfectly. They lined up next to each other and they were off.

Kaldur was shocked. He just saw the princess turn into a lynx. Next to a wolf. He was simply going for a walk, exploring the castle. When he saw a girl, she had her black hair in a messy bun, a tank top and black shorts. She had four Visible tattoos. Two on her back and two on her forearm. He watched them as she shut her door. She was talking to the wolf, and they understood what she was saying. Percy breathed in and said something. He watched in horror as her bones popped and readjusted. She crumpled to the ground, he wanted to rush to her and help in any way but he stood there shocked. But her wolf came in and seemed to be giving encouragement.

Her body became smaller, her noise and mouth elongated, her clothes mixing with her skin, and fur poked through her skin. Her ears moved to the top of her head. Her hair tuning from a black to a white and gray, and the hair shortened as if retreating into her skull. She cried out in pain. Until she had completely turned into a lynx.

He didn't know how to react. He was shocked, excited and nervous. Excitement corded through him as the wonder of what else she could do. What powers had she gained from the gods.

Percy and snow ran through the halls of the palace. Snows tongue lolling out of her mouth. They both panted as they caught there breath. They saw many figures in the hall, two very familiar to her.
'Red arrow and Grayson...nightwing. Whatever' she thought to herself. The two animals crept through the hallway. The two talking people unaware of them.

"I don't care if she's just a friend, stay away. She's mine" arrow growled.
"I can't just leave my friend out of my life just randomly just so you can get with her. Besides, I've known her long enough to know that she does not like the kind of person you are. She has been through a lot and she's not a thing." Nightwing sighed. "Not an object to take. If you want something, go somewhere else. I'm not in the mood to deal with thi-" he was interrupted as red arrow noticed the two animals. "That the hell are two animals doing in a place like this" "that's snow, Percys pet wolf. The lynx however I have no idea. I avoided eye contact as to not let him know who I am. "She had a wolf?" "Yes, and horse, I assume she's taking the horse with her when she moves"  "moves?" "To Alaska, she's moving at the end of the month. She mostly packed"

"What?" Red arrow growled. "And your telling me this now?" Nightwing sighed. He was beyond done with his friend. He wanted to sleep. "You know what I'm done. We will talk about this tomorrow, I need sleep" he walked off.

At this point the two of them were down the hall from them. Percy could no longer see them but could hear them just fine. She heard to doors shut. One of them, assuming arrows door slammed. Bed sounded like a good idea to Percy. The two walked for about five minutes and then they found percys room. She breathed in and prepared for the painful shift of her bones and skin.

Loud pops and grunts were made as she tried to not wake anyone else with her problems. Finally she sat on her hands and knees leaning against her door. Trying the catch her breath.
"That was fun" she said under her breath as she reached up to the door knob and opened it. Slowing snow to go in first and she crawled in after her. Shutting the door as she sat on the other side of it.
"Percy? Ware have you been, and why are you sitting on the floor?" She heard a voice say.

She looked up to see her half-brother... triton (sorry If I spelt it wrong). "Oh, what do you want?" She asked, unable to hide her irritation.  "What? Can't I just say hi to my little sister?" "Yes...but you normally want something" she sighed. "Why were you on the floor anyway?" He asked. "Long story" "I have time" "I don't" his eyebrows flew up, almost nearing his hair line. He stood up on his now legs and walked over. He held out a hand for her to get up, but she continued to sit. He sighed and sat down in front of her. She watched in the corner of her eye snow reaction in her bed. It made her smirk as she registered her companion's reaction of her half-brother.

Snow lifted her lips, showing her front teeth as triton got closer to Percy. Snow did not trust him. And the way her friends body language towards him was unwelcoming and suspicious.

"What do you have any triton" she asked, her voice stern and strong. He sighed again. "Fine, I have this problem with a girl-" "dude your what? A thousand years old and you're coming to an 18-year-old for dating advice. I've never been in a relationship; I am not one to ask. But definitely don't go to dad" "no, it's not like that. She's a monster and she's been bothering my kingdom" "so?"

He sighed in frustration. "I want you to take care of it" "no" "great! wait what?" "Jeez need me to spell it out for you? N-O" "why?" "Do you know what retirement is?" "Yes?" "Good, I'm in demigod retirement. I don't deal with gods, monsters or anything else that don't directly bother me. Go find some other demigod from the other camps" Percy was done with God shit.

Word count 1440.