Chap. 5

The superhero at on the ledge of a building, looking down at a girl with black hair and green eyes. Her build was muscular and lean, like she worked out regularly. She was about 5'6. She had a blue hoodie and with some black jean shorts. A small plastic bag in in hand the other holding a pen. On her right Index Finger she had a simple silver ring with a sunflower. (The gift from Hepatitis.)

"What ever happened to the gunned men anyway?" She asked looking up to him.
"The cops got'em, besides I had to make sure the pretty lady made it home safe" she rolled her eyes. "Well I can get home just fine, besides it would be a long time, I live in New York" but you already now that don't you?

"Why did you keep the boy safe?" He asked. She thought for a moment. "I grew up in a rough childhood, and I didn't want to get the kid hurt"
"How bad of a child hood?"
"Ever heard of Curiosity killed the cat?" She asked.
"But the satisfaction brought him back to life" he finished. She scoffed and leaned on the building across from the super hero.
"You never introduced your self" he said.
"You don't need to know my name" she said giving a smirk "nightwing right?" She asked.

He sighed and jumped off the one-story building. Landing like a cat on all fours. "Correct" he stepped closer to her, breathing in the familiar sent of the ocean that seemed to fallow her. "You seem familiar" she said. She knew full well who he was but she did not want to lead him on and all. He tensed at the observation. "R-really?" "Yeah," she might as well have a little fun while she has time. "Well, I got to get going, see you around I guess" "wait..." he said. "Can I get your number?" "Uh" she put her hand over her hoodie pocket  making sure Leo's prototype was still there. "sure" nightwing had two phone numbers, one for his life and a superhero life. So, he already had Percy's phone number but if she tried typing it to her phone, it would come up as his name.

Something about her was dangerous, was it the way she held her self, the way she protected the kid at the store? The way her eyes were so beautiful in the dark. Hers were like a cat. Perfectly visible, like the Cheshire cat from Alice and wonderland. they turned in the dark like the ocean against a raging storm. they were a dark blue at the moment. the gray, gloomy clouds really selling the "ocean against the storm" statement.

"Well I do have to get going" she pulled a black motorcycle with blue finishes out behind a bumper. Surprised that it was not hot wired and gone.
Putting the paint in her backpack she got on as if she's ridden a horse before.
"You know you would get along great with my brother" he said, thinking of Jason. "Yeah? Sounds great"  she put a dark blue helmet on and revved up the Engine.
"See you around nightwing"
And she speed off.

Grayson came over to help Percy pack, they had become close over the few weeks. And as her birthday came near the more stuff was shipped off by HermesExpress.
"Hey jack" he called from her room.
"What's up"
"Where do you want this leather bound notebook?" She froze. That was the first gift she got from Chiron.  It held her thoughts and everything that has happened to her. The stuff she could not confide into her mom. She shot snow a look. "Umm. Just put it on my bed, and DONT look at it" she was trying to look around to see what her mother and Paul got her for her birthday. She looked to her baby sister "you wouldn't happen to know would you?" She giggled and shook her stuffed duck so hard that it looked like it would have had a concussion if it were alive.
"What's it supposed to be?" He had her book in his  hands, it was about the size of a shoe box but slightly less as thick. it was well warn like it had been used for years. you could tell that some pages were stained, like a drink had been spilt or Sauses from food.
" Nonia"
"Nonia?"
"Nonia dam business" she grabbed the book out of his and then realized what she said. Turning to the bouncing toddler in her crib. "You didn't hear anything" if her first word was doing to be dam she would either start laughing or get in serious trouble with her mother.
She walked out of the room and into hers. "You didn't look in it right?" "No" he said like a kid that got caught looking at stuff he wasn't supposedly be looking at, and in a way he was.
Her phone rang as 'mom❤️' came up as caller id.
"Hey what's up?" She said.
She sat on her bed as snow crawled up and layed her head on her lap. Her back to her closet, and ware Grayson was poking around. He found some paintings that he new he should not have found. But jack was in one. A blonde girl layed on the ground, and jack had this black liquid flouting around her, some of it heading to a ragged lady holding a shield some going down her throat. The background was red, black, and dark.
"Oh yeah, fine mom. Grayson just came over to help me pack"  the other side of the conversation not being able to be heard.
"MOM!" Dick looked over to see her cheeks bright pink. "It's not like that" she whispered. His cheeks turned a bit pink as well, wondering what the conversation was heading to. He could only guess.