Chap. 27

"Umm, how about with my condition?"
Canary raised an eyebrow and motioned for her to sit in a chair across from her.

Percy took a breath in and stepped in, closing the door behind her.

An hour later and somewhat of a short lifetime story, Canary was stunned to silence.

To Percy, the silence was deafening and uncomfortable. She was never good with silence.

"I... um, I thought I should tell you in case something comes along. Just for some transparency" she said. She felt like she was on the verge of another panic attack. It swelled in her chest. Making it so hard to ignore. Her leg bounced up and down, Riptide spinning in her fingers.

"I thought that someone should know. And I also think I should get some help on how to deal with things, like um..." she trailed off, realizing she was rambling. Would she be kicked off the team? She hoped not. She kind of liked it here. At first, she was skeptical, but she's grown to like it and she thought Snow was getting along with wolf. She hasn't had much socializing with other wolves since she joined Percy.

Canary let out a breath and Percy tensed. What was she going to say? She felt the blood in her veins rush and the blood roaring in her ears almost blocking out the silence itself.

"Thank you for being transparent with me. This would explain some of your behaviors and actions" Excuse me? " I don't mean it like that, I mean the way you hold yourself, act, and your mannerisms. It fills in a lot of blanks" Percy relaxed a bit.

And so did Canary. Truth be told, finding out that she was in the presence of a very powerful demigod, kinda scared her.
"So... you're responsible for the Mount St. Hellens explosion then?" Percy let out between a laugh and breath that she had been holding. Out of everything that is what she had to ask.

"Yeah, that was me," she said, "I suppose I can take this off with you" taking off the mask. Canary's eyebrows raised a bit. "What?"

"Nothing just your eyes... there so unnaturally green. Very unique. But why is it?"  She said using her chin to point at the mask in Percy's hands.

"I don't know, I was kinda known for blowing up the St. Louis arch and a few other things. I didn't want to make y'all look bad for not taking in an accused murderer. I also know dick Grayson..." she said almost wanting to hide from her. "Dick Grayson?" She said in confusion "Oh, how..." "I don't even know. It just felt right I guess"
"Does Batman know..." "that I know? No."

Okay, this is going a lot better than she thought it would go. I mean I am not kicked off the team... yet.

"We will start a therapy schedule soon, we could start within a week and work around missions"
Canary was proud of her, for getting help when she needed it and recognizing that she needed it.

"Okay," Percy breathed. "Thank you," she said standing up. "Of course," Canary said watching her as she left.

Once the door shut, canary sat back and ran a hand through her blonde hair. God, this kid.
She had her respect. And she deserved it too.

Once Percy decided to reveal her Identity, she would enroll her with the rest of the kids at the high school. That way maybe she can get her diploma and walk. If she wanted that is.

Percy wanted down the hall. Trying to regain her composure from the past hour. She had cried and told Canary everything. Her grip tightened around the mask in her hand, only to realize it was too late. Conner was standing at the end of the hall, watching her.

Panic filled her. her breath quickened. Looking around she put the mask on and turned the other way. The adrenaline coursing through her veins caused her to have a fight or flight reaction and she subconsciously chose flight. She needed to breathe. She needed to get out of this mountain. It felt like she was trapped. The walls were closing in on her. Making her way to the garage. She didn't have her bike here yet. She hasn't had a chance to make the drive.